Author Topic: New Purchases ! Just won these  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Mrminvestmentsny

• Beginner
New Purchases ! Just won these
« on: May 14, 2020, 11:42:30 AM »
Just purchased these ! They come in next week. Any Valuation on these going to get them both framed and hung up ! Thanks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:52:41 PM by Mrminvestmentsny »

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: New Purchases ! Just won these
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »
Congratulations on your purchases. Many people were wondering who the bidder was on the Forbidden Planet, especially since a couple of them sold recently at Heritage for less. 
As long as you are happy with the purchases though, that is all that matters. They will certainly look great framed up and I hope you enjoy them.

Forbidden Planet and Cool Hand Luke appear at auction often enough that you should be able to get a good idea of their value.
The Disraeli of course is much rarer than the other two pieces and was part of a small find a few years back. The other copy of it (lesser condition) sold in an Emovieposter auction around that time (http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/14442241.html). I haven't heard of any other copies known than these two.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: New Purchases ! Just won these
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 06:50:22 PM »
I don't really know how much you spent on Forbidden Planet or where you got it from, I don't follow the market and I'm not one of the "many people" Crowzilla mentioned, but it's a cool poster.  It's worth a little bit of money, for sure.

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)