Author Topic: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah  (Read 37779 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
How much did you lose?  Any one of a kind posters that cannot be replaced?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
Not a huge financial loss, although not insignificant to me. It's more that the posters will be hard to find again, if not impossible. Again, not expensive or desirable to most so I can't imagine Jeff would want them, or try to resell them. I'd be the only one interested!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2020, 06:09:44 PM »
I hear you.  I sucks.  On the other hand, you know, he has to take care of his mother... so there is that.  It's very very time consuming.  So you guys need to cut this nice fellow some slack.  Both my parents are dead, cancer, I took care of them, and I remember how impossible it was for me to do anything else.  Ultimate BS!!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2020, 09:10:11 PM »
Up until some months ago I looked after my mum who has advanced dementia. I was not working so as to provide the home care. In the end doctors wouldn't release her back to my care after a hospital visit as she was so in need of 24/7 care ( I basically wasn't allowed to go out the house without being able to leave her). Although she needed a lot of attention and my time, the in between time I had for a breather was spent still highly strung (I'd say pretty much debilitated) and I could only barely function to do my own critical stuff like to pay my car rego. Don't know Jeff's circumstance or arrangements with others, or excusing even any non communication, just saying there can be a plausible reason, like eat Brie mentioned, for going quiet in the case of looking after a sick parent. Good luck to all who are waiting on their posters, it must be so frustrating.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:00 PM »
Jeff is a total shithead for expecting people to "accept that he is going through a rough period with mum" while completely discounting the obvious and increasing  frustration he has caused to several individuals across the globe, all of which are probably dealing with their own shit - pandemic or no pandemic.

Jeff used to post 29 times a day, every day of the week, but since March we are supposed to believe he's unable to respond to this thread ONCE to apologize and confirm that he will eventually get to the posters? 

I would bet the ROTJ on my wall that Jeff is lurking (guest or "new" member, whatever) and he's read this entire thread multiple times. 

The only way Jeff could ever save face is if he's been in a coma since March, otherwise he's just a shithead.  The sad reality for Tang and others is that they will also certainly never see their posters again.   :'(

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2020, 06:31:45 AM »
I hear you.  I sucks.  On the other hand, you know, he has to take care of his mother... so there is that.  It's very very time consuming.  So you guys need to cut this nice fellow some slack.  Both my parents are dead, cancer, I took care of them, and I remember how impossible it was for me to do anything else.  Ultimate BS!!!!

T

I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

I've never been anything but courteous to Jeff, never threatened or demanded anything from him. All I've done is try to keep the dialogue going every so often. If someone is going through a very difficult time I don't want to make that worse for them. That doesn't mean to say that I'm not incredibly frustrated, but as long as we email occasionally I'm hopeful he'll come through when he can.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

Of course it's hard.  I had to change my dad's diapers.  Not fun.  But guess what?  I'm going to let you in on a little secret... it happens to all of us!!!  And during these challenging months, you know what, I still ate, I still showered, I still talked to my friends, I still payed my bills, I still went to the grocery store, I still did all the things that were expected of me, because this is life.  That guy Jeff has absolutely ZERO excuses.  NONE.  Shit happens and you deal.  Personally, I hope to never hear from him again.  It sucks for you guys, but that is also life.  You learn from your mistakes and move on.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2020, 10:06:54 PM »
Jeff used to post 29 times a day, every day of the week...

Point of order. If he returns, and "makes good", will he once again be the moderator?
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2020, 10:48:52 PM »
Point of order. If he returns, and "makes good", will he once again be the moderator?

Pretty sure you are safe and only have to worry about Rich now.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2020, 12:26:59 AM »

Hahaha... Good one!!!  Like Crowzilla said, you're safe.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2020, 04:55:16 AM »
Hilarious.

Light brevity in an otherwise grim thread.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2020, 07:47:53 AM »

Nice to hear you're not giving Bruce a hard time anymore.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:37:37 AM by skyjackers »

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »
Im thru dealing with assholes like him and other scammers , the last thing they should do now is to disrespect me , believe me it wont be pleasant when i get to L.A  devil 2

......and i will , soon

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »
Maybe his sick mum shat on the posters and hasn't been brave enough to tell people so

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2020, 03:17:29 AM »

Still have to worry about me too, fuckers.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline DinDinTahm

• Beginner
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:00 AM »

Ha ha - I just worked out this thread is about erik1925. Couldn't have happened to a more appropriate guy. I knew what the ass-wipe was years ago - I instantly saw through his 'holier than thou' act and realised what a waste of space he was. Completely superfluous to an online forum or to anything or anyone in the physical realm. Irrelevant. He posted a lot but I didn't learn anything from him. Just a slimy, withered old thing who'll go the same place that tramp of a mother that shat him out, has parked her rotting twat. He also had and has a major hard-on for an Australian dealer who ripped me off big time so I'm glad Jeff kept promoting it - guilty by association. And it is guilty.
Call me Tahmmie - everybody does...

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2021, 01:53:13 AM »
What aussie dealer ?

Jeff , i gave you benefit of doubt until January - which is now. Do the right thing and follow thru.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:11:13 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2021, 07:50:19 AM »
I thought Tang you were going to get in the lawyers and at another time were going to turn up on his door step. Sounds like the talk fizzled to nothing? He's probably not concerned by the huff and puff. You might need a different approach as sounds like you are still sitting at square one! But good luck, I hope you and others get their stuff.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2021, 08:17:37 AM »
For me this started in November 2018. I've always been polite to Jeff and still have nothing to show for it. I don't think in reality either method will work unless someone actually knocked on his door, and we all know that's not going to happen. I still live in hope though.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Just curious here...

Jeff owes several people just on here. Anyone know how much he's sitting on as a total? with everyones added up together..

If it's a few hundred, it hardly seems worth his while, if it's tens of thousands, I can see that..?
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »
About 800 for me, which I agree, probably isn't worth the effort on his part. Maybe a lot more for others. It's not the financial loss, it's losing items I'm pretty certain I'll never have the opportunity to own again. I'm sure we can all empathise with that.

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »
I'm just shy of £700 out of pocket but, like Matt, these were posters I'd been after for a while & picked up at excellent prices & some were presents. Time & effort as well cash was spent in the process.
Regardless, it's £700! Certainly not to be sniffed at during these challenging economic times. I'm not loaded. No flash house, fast cars or holidays in Monaco on my yacht! I work hard to allow myself to indulge in collecting pieces of paper to the films I enjoy watching.
I don't really know what's going on with Jeff. You would like to think he wouldnt lie about his mother been ill? Maybe the posters are stuck in LA & with covid restrictions maybe travel b/n States is hard? Maybe he's lost his job? Mental breakdown perhaps? Who knows? I've had no contact from him for 9mths maybe more! I don't expect to either & with any hope of a Stateside White Knight fading faster than Trumps mental state that would appear to be me fucked!
At the beginning of this thread last year I said that Jeffgate would, hopefully, serve as a warning to other poster collectors & about the "dangers" of poster buddies. A friend reminded me afterwards that this has happened to me before by members of this forum, past & present. I must have "gullible twat" engraved on my forehead!!
Happy collecting!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:38:25 PM by m154cath »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
Good post by m154cath.  Thoughtful. 

It's crazy to me that you guys put so much faith on Jeff.  There are amazing people on this forum, but Jeff was never one of them.  A few folks have been helping me over the years and they have been top notch.  Paul has been the ONLY poster buddy I've ever used, and that was years ago and he was the best.  Otherwise, I'm sorry to say, spend the money and have things sent to you directly.  Shit happens and we can't expect people to always fulfill their obligations.  Case in point.  Jeff is gone, and so are your posters.  I think it's time to move on.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2021, 08:06:34 PM »
Yeah I second the moving on part. Maybe you both could post the posters you lost on this thread and we could all keep an eye out for them? Would love to help you all put this behind you  :)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2021, 06:32:12 AM »
Hi Starling,

I appreciate the offer of help to find the missing gems, thank you.

To be honest I've already repurchased all of the items I could find again. Even if I posted images of the other final missing items I don't think anyone could help, but it's a kind offer!