Author Topic: posters per tube  (Read 7639 times)

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
posters per tube
« on: January 12, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »
Im ramping up to try my hand at selling some of my collection, probably on the VMPAG Facebook page. What size diameter tube do you folks recommend for 1 US OS? 2? 3? etc...? Maybe a better way of asking is, what is the maximum amount of One Sheets per diameter? Ill be using Yazoo Mills heavy duty tubes as well as wrapping the posters in Kraft paper. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Chris S.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: posters per tube
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »
Its more about how good/comfortable you are at rolling up multiple posters. I have seen people struggle with a few and have also seen some folks roll up a small and tight roll over over 10.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:32 PM »
What's the VMPAG Facebook page?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 10:09:17 PM »
What's the VMPAG Facebook page?

T

Vintage Movie Poster Auction Group. Collectors/Dealers selling to others in the group in an auction format through the Facebook group. It eliminates listing fees and commissions, with the disadvantage of a lot less eyes seeing you're auction. I know I found out about it through a post on APF, but it was awhile ago. I think the group recently passed 1000 members, but I could be way off.
Chris S.

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »
Its more about how good/comfortable you are at rolling up multiple posters. I have seen people struggle with a few and have also seen some folks roll up a small and tight roll over over 10.

I definitely won't be rolling them too tight. Ill have to practice a few and see where Im comfortable. Thanks
Chris S.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 01:36:15 AM »
Vintage Movie Poster Auction Group. Collectors/Dealers selling to others in the group in an auction format through the Facebook group. It eliminates listing fees and commissions, with the disadvantage of a lot less eyes seeing you're auction. I know I found out about it through a post on APF, but it was awhile ago. I think the group recently passed 1000 members, but I could be way off.

Thanks.  Probably not my thing since I don't sell.  I do buy though, but I like my posters in mint condition and only buy from a very selective list of trusted sellers.  Sounds fun, though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 09:31:12 AM »
Thanks.  Probably not my thing since I don't sell.  I do buy though, but I like my posters in mint condition and only buy from a very selective list of trusted sellers.  Sounds fun, though.

T

It is fun. I have purchased a few there and gotten a good deal or two. Although, you are probably right since you only collect the very best condition. May not be your thing. I have never sold any posters (except to liquidate in bulk auctions), but I may put a few that I have no use for up there. I have a ton of duplicates from the 90s-00s that I got from several theaters that closed.
- Eric

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 01:51:48 AM »
Vmpag is great! 😃

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
Vmpag is great! 😃

It has really taken off the last month or so! 

We’ve also raised $183 for the bush fires so far. I’ve been auctioning the same Bridge on the River Kwai daybill three times now. I’ll be running the auction for fourth time starting tomorrow.  I’ll post some pictures. Basically all three winners have asked me to donate the money and reauction the poster. Let’s hope nobody ever actually takes it home!

You guys should check it out. It hurts the wallet though!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 09:17:34 AM »
2" up to 7
2.5" up to 12
3" up to 20
4" 40-45

Offline syracuselaxfan

• Hobbyist