Author Topic: Star Wars B2 1982 re-release  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
Star Wars B2 1982 re-release
« on: May 18, 2020, 09:35:41 PM »
I posted this in the Star Wars Poster Collector's group on facebook about a week ago... lots of comments but no definitive answer.
Has anyone seen this poster before?  It has the same design / credit layout as the 1982 Japanese dubbed re-release (of which there are plenty examples) but this one doesn't have the line of text saying it's the Japanese dubbed and it has a different 20th century fox logo in the bottom right.  And it has a matte finish not semi-glossy.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:18:14 PM by Hicks77 »

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars B2 1982 re-release
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 12:48:12 AM »
Congratulations! I haven't got the foggiest clue.

It has the same mark as the other '82 B2's so I would assume it is as it says in the title from the 1982 RR but beyond that, I have never seen that one that I can remember. Maybe an advance or there were some for non dubbed showings?

The matte finish is not surprising, most posters for the SW films had a gloss and matte version. The paper does look to be different than the normal to me from the pics.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 02:07:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply Mike!

In a very unscientific way...
I compared the paper to my ESB B2 matte and my Breakfast at Tiffany's 69RR fake,

The paper feels much closer to the ESB than the B@T.... (I know it doesn't prove anything but still ...)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:39:06 AM »
No problem.

Based solely on the appearance of the texture of the paper, coloring, etc. from your pics I would be very surprised if it was a fake.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!