Author Topic: Various... happy to see you all again  (Read 5843 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Various... happy to see you all again
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
so after disappearing of the face of the planet and unfortunately having to sell off my entire business and private collection i'm back on my feet and after my 4 posters that i love most.

if you can help i'm all ears.

Jaws Subway poster.
Back to the future Advance Quad
Texas Chainsaw Quad ( London)
Goonies Style B (Map Style) pretty sure i sold a linen backed version to someone here? Cant remember who..

party on.

if anyone can update me on the going rate for any of these i'd be grateful, i know eatbrie is hot on the speilberg stuff still...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:30:18 AM by joneyyy »

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Various... happy to see you all again
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »
Welcome back! Good luck on your quest  welcome1

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »

^ recent sale. fairly sure that ewbanks have another in their next auction

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 12:30:51 PM »
Good luck in your quest, Joneyyy!  Okie

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »

^ recent sale. fairly sure that ewbanks have another in their next auction

lol love the estimate tho....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
I think it's always helpful to post pictures of what you're looking for.  Some collectors may not know the difference between one style and the other, even if they happened to own those posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
very true...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 05:05:17 PM »
Are you re-starting your collection from scratch, starting with those 4 pieces?  Is that what I'm reading?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:59:31 PM »
Are you re-starting your collection from scratch, starting with those 4 pieces?  Is that what I'm reading?

T

unfortunately not. i want these to display in my house. don't think i have the heart to start up a collection again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:02:31 PM by joneyyy »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
unfortunately not. i want these to display in my house. don't think i have the heart to start up a collection again.

Very wise.  I would not start a collection today.  Things are just out of hand.  I keep scratching my head at every single sale I see.  Star Wars for instance.  I'm so glad I built most of my collection before the new craze.  Now it's just one piece at a time, but it still upsets me to have to spend so much on rare piece that were worth half the price just 10 years ago.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
Very wise.  I would not start a collection today.  Things are just out of hand.  I keep scratching my head at every single sale I see.  Star Wars for instance.  I'm so glad I built most of my collection before the new craze.  Now it's just one piece at a time, but it still upsets me to have to spend so much on rare piece that were worth half the price just 10 years ago.

T

I don't know about that, T.  I find some of the older stone litho posters and many other older posters sometimes much cheaper than a couple of decades back.  For instance, if you like Western genre posters, there are some beautiful bargains out there to me. Also, I think there are some real bargains on some beautiful non-US paper as well.  Not everything, of course, though I've been very content collecting today even after 40+ years of collecting. 
Okie
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:07:37 PM by okiehawker »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 09:19:56 PM »
I'm was only talking about my own personal collecting endeavors, of course.  I know nothing about what I don't collect, like westerns.  What I know is that what I've been collecting for the past 15 years I would not attempt to collect today.  A lot of 60s, 70s and 80s stuff.  I see it go for x5, x10 what I paid for it 10 years ago.  It would be great if I was selling, but this is not my game.  I'm only collecting and it is much harder to collect what I like.  Of course, a lot of 30s and 40s stuff has gone down in value, but expect for a few specific titles, this is not what I'm after.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »
I'm was only talking about my own personal collecting endeavors, of course.  I know nothing about what I don't collect, like westerns.  What I know is that what I've been collecting for the past 15 years I would not attempt to collect today.  A lot of 60s, 70s and 80s stuff.  I see it go for x5, x10 what I paid for it 10 years ago.  It would be great if I was selling, but this is not my game.  I'm only collecting and it is much harder to collect what I like.  Of course, a lot of 30s and 40s stuff has gone down in value, but expect for a few specific titles, this is not what I'm after.

T

Good points, T.  60s thru 80s used to be cheap on many fronts. Why do people grow up, make money, and then buy collectibles?  Collectors in the old days of pop culture didn't seem to have the disposable income like many collectors today. It seems to me there was much more trading up back then, too.  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 10:45:11 PM »
I don't know about that, T.  I find some of the older stone litho posters and many other older posters sometimes much cheaper than a couple of decades back.  For instance, if you like Western genre posters, there are some beautiful bargains out there to me. Also, I think there are some real bargains on some beautiful non-US paper as well.  Not everything, of course, though I've been very content collecting today even after 40+ years of collecting. 
Okie

So true, Okie. You just have to be patient, research and investigate all buying avenues.

-Jeff