Author Topic: Flattening rolled posters for storage in a plan chest  (Read 6439 times)

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
Flattening rolled posters for storage in a plan chest
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »
I appreciate that this has probably been discussed on more than one occasion but still I'd like some advice.

I recently purchased a plan chest and I'm eager to fill it with my previously rolled posters. This is my flattening process pictured below. I think I may already know the answer, but am I going to need a lot more books/weight to get this done in a timely manner? I don't want to damage the posters but I also have quite a few to flatten.

Thanks for any tips.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Flattening rolled posters for storage in a plan chest
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 12:00:49 AM »
Hi Skyjackers, You could get two slightly larger than one sheet sized pieces of plexiglas to sandwich the posters between to help get an even flattening.  Okie

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 01:36:52 AM »
I have found a sheet of foamcore works fine for this too (as would Plexi as already suggested)

Then you can put any old heavy stuff on top without worrying about marring the posters.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 05:12:13 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess it's pretty simple but I didn't want to make any rookie mistakes. I appreciate your input.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:35:47 AM »
I'm in the process of flattening two posters.

They are currently is protective sleeves and sandwiched between two thick backing boards.

On top of that I have a spare super heavy oak table. I've turned that upside down and will leave it for a week or so.

Always worked for me.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/