Author Topic: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread  (Read 65197 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »
I'm actually quite amazed that any APF members would actually STILL buy from this A-hole.  There are countless pages on the forum describing his shenanigans.  I don't know what else can be done to make people understand that he is a crook and should not be dealt with.

T
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:31:32 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2019, 04:38:56 AM »
Yup - I don't know either.

Seems strange that this thread is now not only being added to by people with one post to their fame.  Long term posters (people who write and read here) really should read and heed.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2019, 01:56:20 PM »
I think that in many cases it is a matter of researching after people realize that there may be something wrong with their purchase. Most people do not research a seller before buying ti seems.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2019, 08:56:53 PM »
Not everyone has the time to read everything in the forum, and if you haven't heard of anyone why would you do a search on everyone that you buy posters from. I am sure there are probably many things that I should maybe have read in this forum, but simply do not have the time to read everything. I have been collecting for about twenty years and to my knowledge it is only the second time I have been caught out - and the first time was early days of me collecting when I didn't really know any better. I look out for certain things in listings which are indicators but if someone openly advertises their posters as originals you don't expect them to be fake - maybe that is a mistake but you cannot go through life mistrusting everyone - not for particularly cheap posters anyway.

ONe doesn't always research a certain subject until you've been caught !