Author Topic: July 2019  (Read 14246 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: July 2019
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
Thanks to you both!

Erik I agree completely regarding The Good Earth. Such a good movie and Rainer's performance is understated brilliance. Didn't she win the AA for her performance? I am thinking she did. I just love the look of the title card. For the poster lover in me it really evokes the period the film was made, the colors really jump out at you, and it highlights both Rainer and Muni wonderfully.

Yes, Rainer did win the AA for this performance. Muni is also fantastic as is Charlie Grapewin as "Old Grandfather." And 2 years later, he would be recognized by people everywhere, when he played "Uncle Henry" in THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939).

Bravo all the way around! clap clap

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 12:31:21 AM »
Thanks to you both!
Jeff I agree completely regarding The Good Earth. Such a good movie and Rainer's performance is understated brilliance. Didn't she win the AA for her performance? I am thinking she did. I just love the look of the title card. For the poster lover in me it really evokes the period the film was made, the colors really jump out at you, and it highlights both Rainer and Muni wonderfully.

Great TC and half sheet haul, RW!   Okie

Offline patrickh

• Beginner
Burt Reynolfs GATOR poster
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 03:43:40 PM »
Picked this nice poster of iconic Burt Reynolds movie Gator up at the local fleamarket. Yhis is the uncensored version! You can see why 8) It is made for the Belgium market.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Burt Reynolfs GATOR poster
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »
Picked this nice poster of iconic Burt Reynolds movie Gator up at the local fleamarket. Yhis is the uncensored version! You can see why 8) It is made for the Belgium market.

Hey Patrick!  Nice Gator flea market find!!!  We had gators in the streets around here during Hurricane Barry!  I was really hoping to see Lauren Hutton instead!  Okie

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 05:38:05 AM »
thanks all & looks like everyone been getting in the spirit of "barn finds". Im thinking of taking a week off work & taking the family on a English cinema tour to find some more. i have a sneaking suspicion the wife will veto it thou crying

Simes - re. PCircus  - its just been in the last year of so that ive noticed the thin paper. if you think that the untuitioned film programmer receives a tube delivery & he/she will just manhandle the posters to get them out. since they only send 2, maybe 1 will be left in good shape & they will more than likely use this for display. Nightmare!

heres a couple more

Emerald Forest - saw this on Tob's fantastic website , been on the hunt ever since!
The Emerald Forest by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Nightmare Before Christmas - great film & ive always regretted not picking this up at the time. The seller had started at £50 many months ago. i oofered £25, he rejected & the price has slowly dropped till finally he accepted my original offer. Patience & persistence thumbsup.gif.
The Nightmare Before Christmas - 2007 3D Re-release by mike Reeve, on Flickr

The Train - ive always wanted one of these but until recently they were way over the £100 mark. weirdly theres been a few appear on ebay going cheap. i got lucky!
image by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Bloodbath at the House of Death - used to like watching Kenny Everitt growing up - little bit on the wacky side & this poster has some nice art
Bloodbath at the House of Death by mike Reeve, on Flickr

happy collecting all

Offline patrickh

• Beginner
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »
Nice ones i see here! Another find same market, only 4 euro's!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:55 PM »
The Train - ive always wanted one of these but until recently they were way over the £100 mark. weirdly theres been a few appear on ebay going cheap. i got lucky!
image by mike Reeve, on Flickr

the quad is absolutely the best poster for this title. the size of the art kills it

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 04:16:39 AM »
Thanks for the Park Circus reply.

That Train quad is superb.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 12:09:27 AM »
Arrived today - The Lost Boys UK bus stop 40x60
Witty signature goes here.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:29:50 AM »
Awesome poster, Mike! Ive always loved this imagery.

A Big Congrats to you for the score!!  cool1

-Jeff

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »
Thanks Jeff! Was extremely excited to have found this.
Also, need to make a correction. It was pointed out to me that this would be considered a UK 4 sheet. I hope you all can forgive me. :)
Witty signature goes here.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 09:41:59 PM »
Thanks Jeff! Was extremely excited to have found this.
Also, need to make a correction. It was pointed out to me that this would be considered a UK 4 sheet. I hope you all can forgive me. :)

4 Sheets to the wind of giant, cool creatures of the night!  Awesome, Mike!  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:50 PM »
Some really strong stuff so far this month!!!

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »
Got a few of these but not all, nice ..

its been a while since i posted anything so here goes a few ive picked up!

A Monster Calls - this was released as a limited run of 50 on card. ive only ever seen 1 other for sale & i found it while rummaging thru a cinemas poster dungeon! felt like those guys from American Pickers! had to use a torch to find things,mice running around & just rubbish strewn everywhere. just as i was leaving i saw this leaning against a wall. Fantastic stuff. made my day thumbsup.gif
A Monster Calls by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Rare find with this Monster Calls Mike

Jaws - well at least they designed something different but still.....Park Circus now use such shitty thin paper that you will be lucky to find any of their posters in good condition. They are already tight wads with sending out only 2 posters & now they are skimping on paper!!!
Jaws - 2019 Re-Release by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Still waiting to get my Jaws one  no luck on this one yet for me. my seller sold the one I was negotiating with for £70!! Too much for me for a new RR.

Blue Angel - must admit i know nothing about the film but the art drew me in
The Blue Angel - 2019 Re-Release by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Hopefully my copy of Blue Angel will be with me next week as my copy got damaged in the post - got a replacement coming.

Imagine - quite a nice image for a v.limited release. i cant remember seeing any of these on ebay
Imagine - 2018 Re-Release by mike Reeve, on Flickr

Not seen this version of Imagine before Remember the one day screening as I went to it but there were no posters up for it. Nice find!

Bond - took abit of a gamble with this one. saw it listed on ebay with crappy photos so couldnt check condition & with it listed as a BIN £30 i couldnt wait to hear from the seller. not in the best shape but pretty rare all the same.
James Bond: Spend Sunday's with James Bond by mike Reeve, on Flickr

You did really well on this. I was recently going to buy one of these but seller wanted £100 and worst condition !!!

ill list a few more over the weekend. Enjoy!!!!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 11:16:47 AM »
So here is a few of my latest acquisitions . Some long time wants and a few rereleases of course. Also got a few other RR's but not posted them as Mike already listed them, ie (Clockwork Orange, Blue Angel, Kind Heart & Coronets, Apocalypse Now and Alien).

Latest Polish poster. Been after this for while and finally got one. Sexmission (Seksmisja) Designer: Cyprian Koscielniak (1983) B1 approx 68x98cm

Latest Czech posters: Rear Window. Had the small one for a few years but managed to get the full size one now.

TIGER BAY Czech 12x16 (1960)

HARD DAY'S NIGHT Czech 12x17 RR1978

Also a few recent quads.

UK Quad poster for the 2014 Daniel Wolfe English runaway crime thriller, CATCH ME DADDY (2014). The poster was designed by Fraser Muggeridge and artist Mu Pan.

The Luminaries: FASSBINDER - designer David McClure. Produced for a special season of films at the Tyneside Cinema in 2017.

UK Quad Rerelease (2019) for the Japanese classic "Ring" directed by Hideo Nakata for the 20th Anniversary release.. (snapped it up for just 99p)

Uk Quad for the documentary film DAVID BOWIE is Happening Now - doc about the V&A collection exhibition.

Been after this UK Quad Park Circus rerelease poster for the last 5 years - finally got it, TO CATCH A THIEF. Produced for the UK Cinemas rerelease in 2014.

Another been after for years - 10 years on and at last, got the UK Quad poster for Duncan Jones's MOON (2009) starring Sam Rockwell.  Poster produced by Cardinal Communications USA

UK Quad rerelease for Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now. Classic feel to the poster (2019)

UK Quad for Le Mans ’66 – or Ford v Ferrari as it’s called in the USA. From Walk The Line and Logan director James Mangold - released later this year.

2000's rerelease quad for The General (not my favourite of Park Circus's rerelease for the film but cannot find a copy and been trying for a few years!). If anyone has one they want to offload (the blue illustrated one) let me know.

Couple of recent box standard quads.

UK Quad for Kedi (only bought for a friend's birthday who is a big cat lover).

Welcome to the next instalment of The Terminator !! Not sure what to think of this!

UK Quad for Big Fish & Begonia (2018)- Chinese anime that was apparently 12 years in the making.

That's all for now folks!!!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 11:27:14 AM »
In between my last post and this one, I just bought this one to add to my Polish collection.

Original Polish poster for ONE OF THOSE THINGS (Haendeligt uheld - Jedna z tych rzeczy) 1972. Designer: Andrzej Krajewski

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
Now that's some good stuff.  Really like the Hitchcocks and that last Polish one.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »
Re. Terminator... I'm not sure either.

A teaser poster teasing a secondary character...  Brave, if nothing else.

Perhaps all will make sense in the fullness of viewing.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »
Re. Terminator... I'm not sure either.

A teaser poster teasing a secondary character...  Brave, if nothing else.

Perhaps all will make sense in the fullness of viewing.

Ah, though Linda Hamilton/The Original Sarah Connor is certainly a force to be reckoned with and is a primary character in my book, Simes! I'm pretty excited to see her return. Okie
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:15:04 PM by okiehawker »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »
Oh.  Make no mistake, I too am excited to see this.  But perhaps only because of Cameron's involvement and the advertised ignoring of all instalments post T2.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2019, 03:11:07 PM »
^ Polish Seksmisja is great, and great/funny film ;D

English pressbook, £6!

German concert poster, Günther Kieser

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »
this

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2019, 06:47:26 PM »
 Nice Rich, beautiful piece.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2019, 10:00:02 PM »
Such an important, original release, country of origin, large, incredible, Die Nibelungen poster, Richie!  It's simply hard to believe you saw this poster in a museum let alone won it at auction! Crazy, amazing poster, my friend!  Congratulations!  Okie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2019, 11:18:50 PM »
Nice Rich, beautiful piece.

T

thanks T

Such an important, original release, country of origin, large, incredible, Die Nibelungen poster, Richie!  It's simply hard to believe you saw this poster in a museum let alone won it at auction! Crazy, amazing poster, my friend!  Congratulations!  Okie

yeah I have a hard time believing all those things, and that I was able to snag it at a really good value. Had it actually been Nibelungen instead of part 2, Kriemhild's Rache, it would have been 5 times the price at least (who am I foolin. Siegfried would be 20 times the price). I don't believe it's going to be easy to find another Fritz Lang poster from this period easily and I don't recall seeing any pre-Metropolis, German, Fritz Lang poster ever at auction. None.

note also, the tax stamp on the poster is dated 12 days before the premiere of the movie at the UFA-Palast in Berlin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:08:50 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------