Author Topic: kinoart.net Updates  (Read 6747 times)

Offline kinoart.net

• Beginner
kinoart.net Updates
« on: March 03, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »
Hi Allposterforum! I just though I could post here too if anyone interested or not on my mailing list.  :D

An update with 165 recent acquisitions is online at www.kinoart.net/content_home_en.php (english site) and NEW:

http://www.kinoart.net/movieposters_and_lobbycards_neu_en.php

Included are:

- James Bond: original UK Quad-Posters for Live and let Die, Man with the Golden Gun, The Spy who loved me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, various German, some Japanese and more.

- German poster for titles like Sunset Boulevard (A0), Lolita (A0), A Woman like Satan, Rififi, Queen of Outer Space A0, East German My Fair Lady and much more.

-US-Posters for titles like Vertigo (1sheet 1958, Saul Bass), Pillow Talk, Brides of Dracula, various rare 3-D lenticular displays, and more posters for 70s/80s titles.

-international Posters for: Blow Up Belgian, African Queen Belgian, Send me no Flowers UK Quad, Getaway UK Quad

-for Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back (1980) und Return of the Jedi (1983) UK Quads

-various posters for UK and Italian-Horror, and much more!

Thanks for your interest & best regards,
Wolfgang Jahn

----------------
www.kinoart.net
----------------
Cologne, Germany

Fon (+49) (0)221 1698728
mailto: mail@kinoart.net
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:56:00 PM by erik1925 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: kinoart.net March 2017 update: 165 new posters online
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »
Good to see you Wolfgang!

It's been far too long.

And what an awesome selection of stuff you are offering.  thumbsup.gif

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:12:59 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Monster Poster

• Beginner
    • Monster Poster
Re: kinoart.net March 2017 update: 165 new posters online
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
I just bought few folded posters to Kinoart like this westworld half sheet. Very nice selection  and a great website. Next month I will buy a selection of rolled posters from him.
Thanks Wolfgang.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: kinoart.net June 2017 update: 160 new posters online
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
Posting this on behalf of Wolfgang, who posted this to MOPO earlier:

Dear Friends and Customers,

An update with 160 recent acquisitions is online at www.kinoart.net/content_home_en.php (english site) and NEW.

Included are:

-the rare McQueen Drives Porsche advertising poster from 1970.

-original French and Italian posters for Arthouse classics:

I Vitelloni Ital.2panel, Il Bidone Ital.1panel, French for: Fellinis 8 ½, Rome Open City, Alphaville, La Chinoise, Pierrot le Fou, Le Samourai, Tirez sur le Pianiste

-German 1st release posters for Red Shoes, Angel Face, The Window, Lawrence of Arabia, Dr. No, Le Mans etc.

-US-posters for Goldfinger (3sheet) and 1sheets for: Psycho, Diamonds are Forever, Taxi Driver, Point Blank, Motorpsycho, I Want You etc.

-From Russia with Love Italian 1panel, Good, the Bad & the Ugly  French 1panel, Satchmo Polish

-Horror: the French for Dracula (1958), Italian Black Sabbath, Belgian Frankenstein (Karloff)

And many more!

Wolfgang Jahn

----------------
www.kinoart.net
----------------
Wolfgang Jahn
Sülzburgstr.126
D-50937 Cologne
Germany

Fon (+49) (0)221 1698728

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: kinoart.net 2017 update
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
A friendly cross over "re-post" for Wolfgang, who posted this update to his site on MOPO this morning:

an update with 180 recent acquisitions is online at www.kinoart.net/content_home_en.php (english site) and NEW.

Included are:

-German posters for titles like Macao, Asphalt Jungle, Purple Noon A0, and more 60s to 80s posters with rare styles

-for Le Mans with Steve McQueen rare silver style special posters

-international posters for titles like French CanCan French , Gilda Czech, Le Mepris Belgian and more

-UK Quad-Posters for American Graffiti, Appartement, and a Living Daylights 24sheet

-various for Horror/Science Fiction movies

And many more!

Wolfgang Jahn

----------------
www.kinoart.net
----------------
Wolfgang Jahn
Sülzburgstr.126
D-50937 Cologne
Germany

Fon (+49) (0)221 1698728

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: kinoart.net Updates
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
The latest from Wolfgang Jahn / kinoart.net (as posted to MOPO this morning);

an update with 178 recent acquisitions is online at www.kinoart.net/content_home_en.php (english site) and NEW.

Included are:

-German posters for titles like Breakfast at Tiffany‘s, A Star is Born, Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House, The Lost One (Der Verlorene) (Peter Lorre), Apocalypse Now black style, some Film Noir and more

-many Belgian for titles like Vertigo, Othello (Orson Welles), and ‚beautiful women‘ (Bardot, Loren etc.)

-Plein Soleil French 1panel, Shadows (Cassavetes) US 1sheet, a Swedish poster from 1927 for Man, Woman and Sin

-japanese posters for Horror, Exploitation and other Japanese movies

And many more!

Wolfgang Jahn

----------------
www.kinoart.net
----------------
Wolfgang Jahn
Sülzburgstr.126
D-50937 Cologne
Germany

Fon (+49) (0)221 1698728

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 02:11:10 AM »
Bought two posters from KinoArt last year.  Totally agree, Kinoart is great seller, fair price, great packing, fast delivery. Top notch!

Batman, R70, Belgian
Last ones sold at EMP was in 2014, marked as rerelease 70s, at about the same price
But last ones auctioned at HA, marked as 1966 or no indication of poster being a rerelease, sold for staggering $650 in 2016 and 2018
----------------> But then I am aware of Belgian poster being heavily reprinted/bootlegged which makes me wonder, did I get a re-re-re-print or an official reprint :)

Phantom of the paradise, Belgian, 1975 1st release - 20 euros
Last ones sold at EMP in 2011, they sold for pretty cheap
Found none in HA nor Ebay
---------------> Since I can't afford the beautiful Italian 1p or Locandina, I am pretty happy with the Belgian poster.

I often goes to KinoArt to see latest arrivals and will definitely buy again from him...  but for sure not Belgian posters, a first for me, papers is so flimsy and all reprints put me off :)

guest4531

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 02:25:52 AM »
Very funny!! Someone replied to my post, I read the answer yesterday late afternoon (European time) and told myself: "Great post, I will reply tomorrow".... To find out that the post has disappeared the next day???   In best of my knowledge, user can't delete post in this forum.

To answer to deleted post:

"Yes, I have read somewhere collectors talking about the oddness of Belgian posters, especially regarding condition of poster, as some are definitely old and used while others looks new and different paper.  Yes, many movies released in the 30s/40s (during the war) where rereleased during the 50s/60s, resulting in reprint of the first images.  Also, many Belgian poster during the war were printed on reverse side of old maps due to lack of paper. Note that posters with tax stamp are posters which have been displayed in the theater, street or shop; while posters without tax stamp were never displayed (stock pile). Major Belgian printing houses are Verstegen, Panneels, Edicolor, Lichtert.  Collectors should be wary of reprint of old posters on old map with stamp, yes, it seems that there are fakes going around; for this you need to inspect if map on the verso has tiny white borders.  Another collector pointed out that original poster were usually folded out. All this make sense to me. 

Although for posters above, there are movies released in the 60s/70s?   Modern posters, well, it seems there is something lirking behind Belgian posters.  Some collectors are claiming that they bought posters about 15-20 years ago from some sellers at cheapest price ever.  Some recall Belgian seller doing poster fairs in UK in the late 70s with chests full of pristine rolled Belgian posters, Georges Coune is the name.

This said people googling for their posters (like I did) often ends up with being confused as posters have same design but marked by seller with different dates, paper can be different... or even better Dutch and French title being switched.   In conversation in reference below, some sellers are saying they indeed bought stock of rolled posters from movies released in the 50s/60s but have some difficulties to sell them (one gave them away, another one has to refund the buyer who claimed they are fake).  Another one pointed out that having some many pristine posters suddenly hitting the market is highly suspicious and always thought they were fake but he has now since seen many of them being sold as original in reputable selling company.  I will share this opinion, highly suspicious indeed.

Nonetheless, as the person who wrote the deleted post said, many countries also have different posters with different type of posters, reprint or original.
I think it is important we get the name right.

It is important to make distinction between reprinted, reissued and bootlegged.  Reissued means that posters had been reprinted because the movie is being re-screened, reissued/rereleased are original posters.  Reprinted means reproduction, but then it's here that some will differ in opinion, some see reprints are no value reproduction while others may see value in reprints, especially if reprints is documented and issued by official channels (studio, printing house, etc.)  (e.g. James Bond 1980’s MGM/UA reprints) or identical to original (same size, same image with slight changes) or if quantity of reprints in the market are limited (e.g. old limited reprints).   Sure, most reprints are just reproductions but size and quality of printing are usually different. As for bootleg, it means a print done by unofficial parties with usually a different image; bootlegs have no value but again, some collectors are looking the unique limited prints, and it is not rare to see bootlegs selling as much as original posters, especially if bootleg is the original first printing and limited... even funnier, you can find reprints of bootlegs, marvelous!

As for my Belgian posters, well, considering the above, I guess I will never know if original printing from official printing house or just a reprint done by opportunist sellers... but still there were cheap (especially Phantom of Paradise) and looks good.

Taking into account deleted post, I suspect that my long post may also be deleted without warning.  I hate this, at least inform the person before deleting the post so that he can copy his answer.  Have you that psychology test where they asked people in an interview to make an exact of an origami in less than 1 hour; then the review team comes and they trash the origami without a word in front of the person with the simple question: "Do you want to try again?".  99% of people replied no and walked out while people given one reason or few words accepted to retry.  Simple, if you trash people's work without explanation, you are trash and rude and not worth working with (too bad I can't find the video).   But FYI, I did a copy of this post in case it gets deleted :)

Ref.
https://www.filmonpaper.com/blog/an-interview-with-sim-branaghan-author-of-british-film-posters-an-illustrated-history/
https://forum.westernmovies.fr/viewtopic.php?t=12223
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/stylec/belgium-posters-t6675.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagemoviepostercollectorsclub/permalink/1507537619298734/

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
Posting this latest poster update on behalf of Wolfgang. He posted this to MOPO earlier this morning:

an update with 270 recent acquisitions is online at https://www.kinoart.net/en.html (english site) and NEW.

Included are:

-German posters for titles like North by Northwest A0, Ten Commandments large style, some Mario Bava and Hammer-Horror, various Elvis Presley and John Wayne-Titles, Arthouse (Hillmann artwork) etc.

-To catch a Thief US 1sheet

-James Bond: several French and German posters

-a selection French and Australian Posters from the 70s to 90s.

And more!

Some adjustments have been made to the website as well, for example the extensive search functions (under ‘Search’ in the header) can be combined freely.

Wolfgang Jahn

---------------
www.kinoart.net
---------------
Wolfgang Jahn
Seinsheimgasse 5
97230 Estenfeld
Germany

Fon (+49) (0)9305 2190916
Mobile (+49) (0)170 4053034
mail@kinoart.net

-Jeff

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 05:12:03 AM »
 Bought a couple of posters from Wolfgang last week. They came really quick - under a week to the UK.

I have bought occasionally in the past and always excellent service and fair price.

Dude is coolio. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk