Author Topic: Here is another for the experts! Dated Revenge of the Jedi  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Rideauwrangler

• Beginner
Morning all! I have another SW poster that I am authenticating before adding it to my collection. It is a linen backed, dated, Revenge of the Jedi. I have it in my possession but I do not have a cent into yet so I have been able to put it under the microscope so to speak. I have checked all the reference points and I am 99.99% certain I have made up my mind on it's legitimacy status.

BUT, to have a little fun on the forum I will reserve my opinion on its status as either real or fake because I want to here from forum members who have authentic Revenge posters and know what to look for. Or frankly from anyone who knows what to look for and wants offer an opinion on this one.

I am looking for validation of my already-made-up-opinion on its status as authentic or fake.

Photobucket seems to be giving me trouble this morning so I will try to use the "attachments and other options" feature and hope that it works. Otherwise I will have to update my post in a couple days and hope Photobucket works itself out. I will post a number of pictures of the poster and hope to get some good feedback on what is shown (there is a lot of weird stuff going on in this poster!). After this post gets some feedback and opinions, I will post (or attach) another round of photo's which I believe definitively prove its status as real or fake.

Some background; the owner of the poster told me he acquired it in the range of 1984-1985, and had it linen backed about 10 years ago. Said he was previously offered a grand (Canadian) for it some years ago and turned it down. He told me that it is a printer's proof/test (however you will see in the photo's a complete lack of a color grid).

If the "attachments" don't work and the photo's can not be seen I apologise now and will try to update this post whenever I can log into Photobucket. Cheers!

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Here is another for the experts! Dated Revenge of the Jedi
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:03:40 AM »
I would stay far away from this poster.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:34:40 AM »
Fake!!!

White logo.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Fake!!!

White logo.

yep. among the first things to look at is the logo and if it's white, it's garbage.

ergo, as Sean says:
I would stay far away from this poster.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Rideauwrangler

• Beginner
I completely agree with those of you who posted. Fake, repro, GARBAGE lol....its obvious. I didn't think this would fool anyone on the forum but wanted to post for reference.

Here are the pictures that I held back from yesterday that clearly demonstrate how terrible this poster really is.

I don't understand why this is such a low quality fake....printed fold lines, atrocious printing quality, jagged boarders, ink bloches, wrong logo, list goes on....a $20 re-print from a Comicon that a kid would buy for his bedroom wall is nicer than this crap.....yet the guy who wanted to sell it to me spent real money on linen backing...… just TRAGIC!!! I almost don't have the heart to break the news to him.....

So I'll start the bidding at $1000 please LOL