Author Topic: June 2019  (Read 19671 times)

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
Re: June 2019
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »
I'm dumbstruck at the posters I see here.  The rarity of some is amazing. I'll humbly post a new acquisition for a Mario Bava film. I've never seen it before, I purchased it from the artist who painted it. I love the Thai posters for Bava films. Sorry for the crappy photo.

TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE Thai Movie Poster

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2019, 11:16:04 PM »
freshly arrived

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
Great pickups, Ratzkywatzky! Quite the mix, I gotta say.  thumbsup.gif

Are RODAN, GODZILLA & TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN all linen backed?

Yes all three are linen backed.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
freshly arrived

Nice and fresh, Richie!  Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2019, 06:05:12 PM »
I'm dumbstruck at the posters I see here.  The rarity of some is amazing. I'll humbly post a new acquisition for a Mario Bava film. I've never seen it before, I purchased it from the artist who painted it. I love the Thai posters for Bava films. Sorry for the crappy photo.

TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE Thai Movie Poster

Wild "Twitchy" Thai poster, MWright! Spear me once, shame on you...  Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »
Yes, I tried, I really tried.  I had a friend of mine in Paris looking for one.  He is extremely connected.  I eventually caved and bought the dreaded linenbacked.  Maybe you’ll get lucky, but I gave up.  I have a few other middle range pieces that I want to buy.  I know where they are but they are all linenbacked and the seller is getting impatient.  I may have to cave again soon.

T

I go out of the country offline the first week of June and APF explodes with incredible posters!  Your huge beautiful beast is wondrous to see on the wall, T!

Antoine, your Forbidden Planet is very nice, and in person the colors on this poster always amaze me! 

Ratzkywatzky, I really like your Rodan!

Geez, I didn't mean to write so many posts, but you guys are rolling out a fantastic June!

Okie
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 06:16:54 PM by okiehawker »

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »
Flaming June  :o

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 12:12:25 PM »
You knocked it out of the park, gargoyle!!  thumbsup.gif

Awesome Planet of the Apes, too!!

Great scores & pickups, all the way around.

-Jeff

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 12:38:31 PM »
Thanks buddy, Yup been after Planet of the apes since starting collecting, but always seemed to get outbid on it  devil 2

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
Wow!!!  Great haul.  And all from King Bruce!!!  Nice.  I’m with you on planet of the apes.  I’ve never been able to find one in my price range.  One day....

Some real collectors on this forum  thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2019, 03:19:56 PM »
Thanks buddy, Yup been after Planet of the apes since starting collecting, but always seemed to get outbid on it  devil 2

Ive always loved the movie, so hope to come across a nice copy one day, too.

Congrats again, gargoyle.

cheers

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »
Thanks Antoine, Undead, oldposterho, Richie, Tob, Redman, Matt, Simes & Dr. Bill for the kind words.

It's kind of nice to know that other people actually like what you like (it's never a certainty).  I have stopped caring a long time ago about what people think of my gear, part of the reason why I don't post my new acquisitions on the forum (and also because I have a website), but it's actually fun to read your comments.

cheers

Now back to what I do best...  potroll.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 03:09:08 AM »
Ratzkywatzky, I never much got into the late '60s spy films, but after seeing your latest finds, I might have to change that.  Those are some great images from the Bond films!  I'll put them on my list of films to watch.

Tob, really nice artwork on the "Suspiria" remake.  I love the original so much I didn't want to see the remake, but seeing these posters might make me change my mind!

Thierry, what a beautiful poster.  Don't know how this film escaped me for so long.  Also going on my to-watch list!

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 04:54:00 AM »
T,

That poster looks incredible on display.
Just awesome.

Marc.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »
Great posters all round. Now to lower the tone slightly with another from my Dumbo set...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 11:32:43 PM »
I bought this last month but only received it in the mail today.  I already have the large French poster by Soubie for this title, but I have been waiting to get my hands on an unrestored Forbidden Planet OS for a long time, so this finally puts an end to that search.

Very nice pick up. thumbup
Witty signature goes here.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »
Love that Planet of the Apes and the various Piranha posters...nice ones, gargoyle67.

Tob, really nice artwork on the "Suspiria" remake.  I love the original so much I didn't want to see the remake, but seeing these posters might make me change my mind!

Thanks Stefano! It's not a patch on the original, but I tried to approach it as a new (unconnected) film and tried not to compare...and enjoyed it! It's made with care and has an interesting tone/atmosphere. I like a slow pace and it takes its time. Worth a watch if you just keep the original out of mind.

Now to lower the tone slightly with another from my Dumbo set...

You're being too humble, share the full set!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »
Great posters all round. Now to lower the tone slightly with another from my Dumbo set...

Really nice, skyjackers... the entire DUMBO series of posters and mylars all look to be uber impressive, too!!! ;)

-Jeff

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:46 PM »
Thanks guys. I’ll try and put them up in the Character posters section. Probably a more appropriate place.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
Is the Eva a one-sheet?  I gotta get one of those.

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Is the Eva a one-sheet?  I gotta get one of those.

Yes it is 1-Sheet size, double sided but printed on a vinyl material. Pretty hard (but not impossible) to track down. I had to put in an awful lot of effort to get my set. Individuals may be easier though.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »
I get it.  The kind of effort I’d put for anything Spielberg related.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:59 PM »
I could almost write a book on the efforts I went to get these. I would say I became slightly obsessed, which my wife would agree with.

This is why I stick with one topic for my collection. I can’t imagine how you cope with your multiple collections, especially as they all seem so complete. Hats off to you.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2019, 10:16:41 AM »
I can’t imagine how you cope with your multiple collections, especially as they all seem so complete.

All kidding aside, with patience.  Everything comes around at least once.  I never really look for anything specific, because I would go nuts.  Plus having multiple sub collections allows me to hop from one to the other and always find something interesting.  No dry spell, sort of speak.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »
My favorite Star Wars poster. I was nine and had been infatuated with Star Wars. I'm pretty sure when I saw this poster in my local movie theater I cried with excitement. I remember this poster vividly. This is an upgrade for me.