Author Topic: June 2019  (Read 19676 times)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
June 2019
« on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:41 AM »
I bought this last month but only received it in the mail today.  I already have the large French poster by Soubie for this title, but I have been waiting to get my hands on an unrestored Forbidden Planet OS for a long time, so this finally puts an end to that search. 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: June 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 02:26:33 AM »
Very, very nice.

I'm following in your footsteps, as I'm about to buy a French copy.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:47:19 AM »
Good purchase Thierry, the French poster is great too (I always liked the background landscape in that one).

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »
Not yet.  It's 3rd in line amongst a bunch of posters a collector friend of mine has on hold for me.  They will eventually all be mine, but the wife will only let me buy them one at a time.  They are all beyond my allowance  :D

T
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:04:40 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 10:27:19 AM »
Big congrats on the Forbidden Planet!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:53 PM »
I sold my FP one sheet years ago, but I replaced it with an Argentinian to keep the world in balance

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »
I've always wanted a Forbidden Planet. An original release is beyond my budget unfortunately. That one sheet looks amazing congrats!

My recent arrivals:

Night of the Hunter BFI Quad. Love this image!

A bunch of Bond front of house lobbies

Rodan and Godzilla!!

Lastly my first James Dean one sheet and another great horror one sheet.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
Wow!!!  This month is off to a thunderous start...

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
I love that Forbidden Planet one sheet, a real classic. Nice haul, Ratzkywatzky! Especially Teenage Frankenstein.

I picked up these two posters for the recent Suspiria remake with art by Yuko Higuchi. They're B2 in size and I think they were perhaps sold/given when the film was first released in Japan (I don't think they were used theatrically):

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
Nice pair Tob. I like how Japan produces these kinds of posters. I think they sometimes get given away with the purchase of advance tickets.

I wish the free posters we get a Cinemas were printed to this size/quality rather than the mini prints we seem to get.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 04:39:22 AM »
Wow!!!  This month is off to a thunderous start...

notworthy.gif

T

Grief, yes...!

Was thinking exactly the same.

Hi Ratzkywatzky, don't know if you noticed but on your b/w Goldfinger re-release set of FOH, the one showing Connery and Blackman kissing each other, the straw is going up the right hand side of the image.  The whole image was rotated 90 degrees, for some odd and obscure reason...

Cracking haul though.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »
Great pickups, Ratzkywatzky! Quite the mix, I gotta say.  thumbsup.gif

Are RODAN, GODZILLA & TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN all linen backed?

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 06:07:06 PM »
My turn, I guess. 

Here's one that I've wanted for some time and was trying to find folded.  I had bought it once linenbacked, 10 years ago, and let it go because it was not in upmost condition.  When I realized that I would not get it folded, I bought it again linenbacked.  Linenbacked posters are really last resort for me.

I put it up to see what it would look like and I must say, not bad for a 1946 poster.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 07:03:38 PM »
Great pick up, Thierry!  Always loved that format for Beauty and the Beast.  I also have been looking for a folded copy, alas to no avail.  I might have to resign myself to buy a linenbacked example as well.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
Nice, great pick up!
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 09:41:49 PM »
Magnifique!  That's some serious wall space covered.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »
great poster T

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2019, 03:54:11 AM »
That is truly special, congrats T.  notworthy.gif

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 05:49:46 AM »
I put it up to see what it would look like and I must say, not bad for a 1946 poster.

think you had help putting it up but you are right, it's not bad ;D
inspired me to rewatch it soon

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »
I love that Forbidden Planet one sheet, a real classic. Nice haul, Ratzkywatzky! Especially Teenage Frankenstein.

I picked up these two posters for the recent Suspiria remake with art by Yuko Higuchi. They're B2 in size and I think they were perhaps sold/given when the film was first released in Japan (I don't think they were used theatrically):

These are very cool, Tob.

LOVE the use of red on both of them. Sweet pickups!  Congrats!! cheers

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
Great pick up, Thierry!  Always loved that format for Beauty and the Beast.  I also have been looking for a folded copy, alas to no avail.  I might have to resign myself to buy a linenbacked example as well.

Yes, I tried, I really tried.  I had a friend of mine in Paris looking for one.  He is extremely connected.  I eventually caved and bought the dreaded linenbacked.  Maybe you’ll get lucky, but I gave up.  I have a few other middle range pieces that I want to buy.  I know where they are but they are all linenbacked and the seller is getting impatient.  I may have to cave again soon.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 05:27:03 AM »
Very very nice T.

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »

I like these more than any I've seen for the Suspiria remake. Very,very nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:37:58 PM by Dr Bill »

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »
My turn, I guess. 

Here's one that I've wanted for some time and was trying to find folded.  I had bought it once linenbacked, 10 years ago, and let it go because it was not in upmost condition.  When I realized that I would not get it folded, I bought it again linenbacked.  Linenbacked posters are really last resort for me.

T

Breathtaking, T.  A work of art. Amazing find.