Author Topic: Rare Condition : Mint Nevada Smith (Paramount 1966)Original Lobby Card Set of 8  (Read 6308 times)

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Rare Condition : Mint Nevada Smith (Paramount 1966) Original Lobby Card Set of 8 (11×14) with Original Paramount envelope
( 2 sets available)

Mint condition never available on emovieposter or ebay
Available once (1 set) in heritage in 2013 and sold for $203
(my price is lower than 2013 price by $53)
Price : $150 for each set
International Shippment : $48

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:06:35 AM by bibo1925 »

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database

Mint condition never available on emovieposter or ebay

It looks like Emovieposter has sold the set at least a dozen times over the years, not counting sales of individual cards.
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/NEVADA%2520SMITH/type/LC/archive.html
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
yea emovieposter sold 8 cards set 13  times but ranged from good to very good only i dont say they never sold, i said they never sold Mint condition and yes they diden't, please check history archive of emp and you will find never Mint condition available there, in heritage they also sold many sets but just sold Mint condition once on 2013
the rarity in this sets regarding Mint condition that why i wrote "Rare Condition"
and thanks for your comment
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:26:25 AM by bibo1925 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
This GOOD-VERY GOOD set of 8 cards was sold by emp for $60.00 in Jan 2017:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/11226681.html 

-Jeff

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Thanks Jeff for your reply
condition is good to very good
no any Mint condition  sold there ever as shown on auctions history

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Most poster collectors typically agree that nothing is ever mint. Especially items that are decades old.

Once a LC or poster is handled, packaged, re-packaged, it is no longer Mint. That description applies at the moment it has rolled off the print line. After that, other grade terms will apply.

-Jeff

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Mint in emovieposter condition  grades = Fine
good to very good grade is 3 steps lower than Mint (Fine)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
These look like nice cards.  As you stated, eMovie's "fine" could be others' "mint."  As Jefe stated, it's truly only mint the moment it rolls off the press, as handling, age, etc. will cause imperfections.

Some terms have a distinct definition, such as "mint" meaning "perfect/like new" condition.

In looking at your photos, it's clear to see there are some imperfections, so they're truly not "mint."

Good luck with the sale.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:54:37 PM by Neo »

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
I agree you in this considration although heritage  use Mint grade
if we apply this considration my sets grade will be Fine grade
no any cards set sold on emovieposter before with Fine grade or Very good to Fine

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Some of your cards look to have some light staining and foxing near the edges as well as what appear to be some small pin holes.

Unfortunately, most would not also describe the cards with these flaws as Mint.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I never buy « Good to very good » lobbies at Emovie because it always means pin holes, which is an absolute no for me.  Only « Very Good » for this collector, and I’m okay paying more for it.

If this item has pin holes, like Jeff said, it would not be « Very Good » at Emovie.

T
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:28:14 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Thanks Neo
emovieposter condition grade Fine = Mint in heritage) mention (  It has the most minor of imperfections but has survived in really wonderful condition! ) which applied to my set
even if we grade it as Near Mint ( very good to fine in emp grads) still rare condition and this condition not sold before in emp and sold once in heritage

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Thanks Jeff ,thanks Eatbrie
some darkness on edges due to shadow and another is by aging but no any pin holes in it
i put 2 separate white paper below it as a background to shot a photo but the cards itself never have any pin holes

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Then I can make a big difference in pricing to some collectors. 

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I got your PM, but I will answer here because that's what a forum is for.

What I meant to say is that a lobby card set without pin holes will always carry some sort of premium.  I do not buy lobbies with pin holes, so I'm always willing to pay more to get what I want.  Maybe not twice as much as what an item has sold for in the past, but more.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com

Complete Set of 8 lobby cards (11×14)

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Complete Set of color stills qty: 12 (8×10)

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Thanks Eatbrie for your interesting in my item
I shot again a clear photos for the LC set (11×14)
also shoted  photos for a complete set (qty:12) original color stills (8×10) in Fine condition without pin holes as well
i posted both sets on the previous replies
your offer on LC set & Color stills set are welcome and appreciate

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Hi, sorry for the miscommunication, but I never said I was going to buy this item.  The title doesn't interest me.  What I said is that someone like me (but not me) would be interested in paying more for an item without pin holes and that the comparison to Emovie's "Good to Very Good" is irrelevant.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline bibo1925

• Beginner
  • arcna321@gmail.com
Thank you Eatbrie for explanation