Author Topic: In Transit, Arriving Late - Aka - NOT MY FAULT rant  (Read 4352 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
In Transit, Arriving Late - Aka - NOT MY FAULT rant
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »
As if the ebay and other selling forums dont make it hard enough anymore, USPS has found a way to make ol' reliable not so reliable anymore.

Just an FYI for the general poster buying world, when you check your tracking and you see this line :

USPS in possession of item  (the SAME day or next DAY after you buy it normally).  That means all control of when you get the item.. I have absolutely no control over. I , like you, will be pissed at any delays that happen from that point on, but your fury directed upon me the seller at this point is misguided.  All I can do is apologize, a second shipment will simply mean one will need to be sent back when they both arrive.

The instant gratification of todays society and the mail order business model sometimes clash. Sellers normally due everything they can to expedite an order, but unfortunately shit does happen, and the shipping model of 150 years ago still works the same, with just some automation thrown in to additionally screw things up from time to time. So when you are pissed your item has not arrived, I am right there with you because whatever money you feel you may be out, I am out the same amount of money. Please take a breath, give it some time and trust us sellers to make it right for you even though the time line may deviate from what the original plan and intention was.

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
Re: In Transit, Arriving Late - Aka - NOT MY FAULT rant
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 12:08:17 AM »
I'm generally pretty sympathetic about shipping times, knowing that the seller has little control after it's in USPS possession. I've bought from you in the past and know that the arrival time will be short compared to some others, even from similar distances. Then again, I recently had a seller not ship or respond to inquiries for over a month before I opened a case with ebay. Then it was promise after promise for weeks until it was finally shipped. It's the long wait time before the seller even makes a shipping label that irks me (unless he notes that he's on vacation). Now that I've started to collect a few Japanese and Korean posters, I've learned to be even more patient - usually 30 days, if I get it at all. Actually, I've had more problems with people stealing them off my doorstep before I get home from work.

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
Re: In Transit, Arriving Late - Aka - NOT MY FAULT rant
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 03:02:16 AM »

The instant gratification of todays society and the mail order business model sometimes clash.

Tell me about it.  I sell mostly for the fun of it, not for a main revenue stream.  So if I take 5 days to package an item, people need to realize it's because I spend hours carefully packaging each order, and am doing so while juggling my full-time obligations.  In the early days of eBay, this was rarely an issue.  These days, I need to forewarn people about the processing period or else they tend to freak out.  I get it.  But honestly, some of the stuff I deal with is pretty rare (though not necessarily very valuable...).  If you've waited 10 years for the poster, can you wait another 5 days so I can package it properly?  Yeesh.