Author Topic: Shipping from Spain to USA  (Read 6104 times)

Offline rubsrubs

• Beginner
Shipping from Spain to USA
« on: March 13, 2019, 12:43:17 PM »
Looking for a good service to ship a tube from Spain to USA.

I have reviewed some post companies (UPS, FedEx...) and the cheapest way I found to send a tube is about 40-45usd. Do you think it is a reasonable shipping cost?

Any recommendation? Any experience to share?

Offline bigmike

• Collector
Re: Shipping from Spain to USA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:45:11 PM »
What’s the size of the tube? How many posters in the tube? and do you have a business account?

Offline rubsrubs

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »
I'm not asking for a particular sending, but as long as I plan to sell some posters these days, I need to have an idea of the shipping costs.

Folded posters are easy to solve. But I plan to sell some rolled ones that will require a tube.
70x100cm posters will require at least a 80cm tube. Sometimes I will send just one poster, and if I am lucky some other times I wil send 2 or 3 in the same tube.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:41:57 PM »
If you are located in Spain then you would likely have a better idea of shipping options (outside of international carriers) than most others.

That said for a tube of nearly 1 metre length $40 US does not seem at all unreasonable to me...
Chris

Offline rubsrubs

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 01:53:47 PM »
If you are located in Spain then you would likely have a better idea of shipping options (outside of international carriers) than most others.

Not sure if I understand what you mean...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Not sure if I understand what you mean...

I am referring to the options provided by the Spanish postal service.

For instance in Canada there is Canada Post.  In the US there is USPS.  In the UK there is Royal Mail etc.

Each country would have its own options and costs for its postal service on international packages
Chris

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 02:13:05 PM »

That said for a tube of nearly 1 metre length $40 US does not seem at all unreasonable to me...

Agree with Chris here, $40 usd is usually what I end up paying to get tubes from the US or outside of Canada shipped to me. But depending on the size of tube, weight, how many posters etc.

Offline rubsrubs

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »
Yes, the Spanish postal service is Correos. And it is the cheapest service I found, but I wanted to doublecheck it. Happy to hear 40-45usd sound ok to you.

Thank you for your help guys.

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 03:23:09 AM »
Yea, $40 is not too bad for an over-seas shipment.  I was really worried about starting up selling again a few years ago, because after a long hiatus I saw what international shipping prices were like.  I thought nobody would ever pay those shipping prices.  But if someone wants a poster badly enough it's fine.  I still feel guilty though sometimes about offering international shipping because of how much I have to charge these days.  Instead of investing in posters, we should've been investing in shipping companies (I know, I know, posters aren't "investments")...  But really, did you folks realize the USPS is no longer government-run?  It's just another for-profit corporation contracted out by the government thanks to American tax dollars.  OK, I'll shut up before this gets moved to the "rants" section.