Author Topic: I have recently bought this promo poster that may be very rare  (Read 6765 times)

Offline plloyd1988

• Beginner
I have recently bought this promo poster that may be very rare
« on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »
Hello, I am hoping someone can help provide any information. Please find the attached the photos of a promo poster advertising the Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller. I can't seem to find this particular poster anywhere and I want some advice on its rarity and potential estimated value. I noticed there was quite a few differences on my poster compared to others more common found online, for instance the layout, format and the fact it says March release which is too early considering it was released in December 1983.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: I have recently bought this promo poster that may be very rare
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/07/michael-jackson-thriller-201007

Search for VHS on this page. Good info. found the article on the Thriller wikipedia page.
I am thinking March is when it was available to rent at the video store.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 09:57:35 PM »
I don't think it's worth much.  It is indeed the rental release ("The World's Biggest Selling Music Videocassette") which followed the retail release ("The Music Video You've Been Waiting For.")

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:13:35 PM »
Looks to be a videocassette poster of sorts. Probably fairly common. Tho, there is a market, all these years later, for video cassette release posters.   thumbup

-Jeff