Author Topic: Ewbanks Fakes / Description / Problem Resolution  (Read 23171 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Ewbanks Fakes / Description / Problem Resolution
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »
Not true.
Emovie is perfect.

Unless they make a mistake. Then they refund you 100%, let you keep the material, and give you free shipping for life.
Oh, no! Double oh, no! Not again, Crow!  Yeah, I know that rhymes. Good grief.   Okie   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:48:59 PM by okiehawker »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 11:32:15 PM »
Good on Alastair for working overtime this weekend making sure the other 3999 lots are entirely authentic before being shipped out to buyers.

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 07:46:55 AM »
Not true.
Emovie is perfect.

Unless they make a mistake. Then they refund you 100%, let you keep the material, and give you free shipping for life.

Didn't they give you a special thread where you can go on with this to your hearts content?

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »
Didn't they give you a special thread where you can go on with this to your hearts content?

I think there is a special thread where people can diss on Emovie, but that would not be applicable here.
I am praising their customer service, saying that the customer is always right and that they go above and beyond even the things mentioned for in this thread.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »
Not true.
Emovie is perfect.

I didn’t realise that. When I had an issue I didn’t get the free shipping for life or a 100% refund. I guess I need to contact them.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
I didn’t realise that. When I had an issue I didn’t get the free shipping for life or a 100% refund. I guess I need to contact them.

I think Crow knows exactly what he's doing. For someone with Crow's obvious talent, I'm not sure why he keeps going to the low road on EMP.  It's quite obvious boorish disguise, Mr. C Zilla.  Let it go, man.  Perhaps this is exactly the reaction you want, Crow? Please stop.   Okie
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:12:22 PM by okiehawker »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 02:35:09 PM »
I think Crow knows exactly what he's doing. For someone with Crow's obvious talent, I'm not sure why he keeps going to the low road on EMP.  It's quite obvious boorish disguise, Mr. C Zilla.  Let it go, man.  Perhaps this is exactly the reaction you want, Crow? Please stop.   Okie

Okie, seriously, what is Sean saying that is wrong or negative. Everytime someone brings up the name of emp can't be a bad deal. Meanwhile this thread is dragging a company that offered to do what they are supposed to do (we are happy to refund your purchase, even though you have already left the building)

talking positive about Heritage is just talking positive about Heritage and plenty of people on this forum talk negative about them.

c'mon pal. our skin can't be this sensitive. Otherwise, the option is that nobody at anytime should be talking negatively about anyone, including this thread or any other.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 03:51:47 PM »
It seems Sean is giving misleading information regarding EMPs policy to issues similair to this.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »
It seems Sean is giving misleading information regarding EMPs policy to issues similair to this.

some day, people will have a sense of humor.

by the way, you misspelled 'similar'

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »
Regardless of my poor spelling I still fail to see the humour in Sean's post. Maybe others got the joke?

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »
Okie, seriously, what is Sean saying that is wrong or negative. Everytime someone brings up the name of emp can't be a bad deal. Meanwhile this thread is dragging a company that offered to do what they are supposed to do (we are happy to refund your purchase, even though you have already left the building)

talking positive about Heritage is just talking positive about Heritage and plenty of people on this forum talk negative about them.

c'mon pal. our skin can't be this sensitive. Otherwise, the option is that nobody at anytime should be talking negatively about anyone, including this thread or any other.

It's not about skin with me, Richie.  I love you, man! I like real humor, too!  So, here goes:  If trolling can be a fishing metaphor, Crow seems to be a "snagger" bare hook dragging other threads to his EMP love nest.  It's almost like Crow not so secretly loves Bruce because we know indifference is more like the opposite of love!  If Crow is being only slightly coy, then I'm happy to ride the Bruce Love Train with him!!!  That's just one of the cars on the train, though. Crow, jump on the train in ATL down to NOLA via West Plains and let's party with Bruce. It is Mardi Grad season after all.  I agree, Bruce and EMP are awesome!  For those keeping "snagging" score, that's at least one point against me as well.  Sorry, Ewbanks thread and all previous and future misssssspellings (sic always).  Okie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »
It's not about skin with me, Richie.  I love you, man! I like real humor, too!  So, here goes:  If trolling can be a fishing metaphor, Crow seems to be a "snagger" bare hook dragging other threads to his EMP love nest.  It's almost like Crow not so secretly loves Bruce because we know indifference is more like the opposite of love!  If Crow is being only slightly coy, then I'm happy to ride the Bruce Love Train with him!!!  That's just one of the cars on the train, though. Crow, jump on the train in ATL down to NOLA via West Plains and let's party with Bruce. It is Mardi Grad season after all.  I agree, Bruce and EMP are awesome!  For those keeping "snagging" score, that's at least one point against me as well.  Sorry, Ewbanks thread and all previous and future misssssspellings (sic always).  Okie

but Okie, what is the difference between people talking about any dealer or auction?
it seems to me that this forum is quite often talking about dealers (and Bruce himself did quite a bit of that for years)
so what's the difference who people are talking about? Plus it's just humor in Sean's post. Some sarcasm sure, but so what. What is so horrible? All I did in the post-auction thread 3 weeks ago was post an HA result side by side with an emp result and that's viewed as an attack for reasons that are hard to fathom. Where is the balance? You know what, if people want to say "Heritage kicks ass on Richie's auction results. It's unbelievable" I not only won't be insulted by it, I'm going to admit that it's factually true, because it is! Heritage doing better than anyone else, is not a dig at everyone else, it's an obvious fact, backed up by the data, so how can that be a dig on other auctions? I think it's very unfair that people can drag dealers and auctions (especially this Ewbanks issue, which is a mountain out of a molehill) and yet even mentioning the name of another is a no-no. I think the same rules should apply to all peoples and dealers and auctions.. There's plenty of bias on this forum, and I think that everyone can be fair game, as long as the posts are honest truths, based on facts. Surely, posting and contrasting post-auction results can't be seen as attacking one over the other, if the facts are honest, and true.

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Bruce Love Train!  Two snags against me.  Okie

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »
Regardless of my poor spelling I still fail to see the humour in Sean's post. Maybe others got the joke?
it was kind of obvious he wasn't being serious and it was another of his digs/jokes/pops at emp
i think the crowman has been deeply scarred by emp calling his beloved genre 'rubbery monster movies' all the time ;D

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
Bruce Love Train!  Two snags against me.  Okie

that's funny pal.  ;)

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 05:47:57 PM »

i think the crowman has been deeply scarred by emp calling his beloved genre 'rubbery monster movies' all the time ;D
Out of curiosity which genre is that?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 05:51:23 PM »
Out of curiosity which genre is that?

Kaiju

he wrote the book on Kaiju posters

you didn't know that?

-------

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 06:05:54 PM »
it was kind of obvious he wasn't being serious and it was another of his digs/jokes/pops at emp

I realise what the post was really about, I was just playing along.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
Kaiju

you didn't know that?

It's a great book, Vick: The Art of Japanese Monsters.  I'll have it in my library car on the Love Train. Also, during Love Train story time, I will show pictures from the book and tell wonderful fantasy stories about which poster might bring Crow back into the flowery meadow of EMP pollinators!  Bruce Love Train!   Snags = 3.  Okie

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »
Kaiju
you didn't know that?

I recall... 
so that is pseudo-genre according to Bruce?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
I recall... 
so that is pseudo-genre according to Bruce?

I don't recall seeing "unfolded rubber monster" as a category there

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »
 ;D

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »
I don't recall seeing "unfolded rubber monster" as a category there

I remember seeing quite a few folds in the monsters in some of the films!  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 09:02:56 PM »
It's a great book, Vick: The Art of Japanese Monsters.  I'll have it in my library car on the Love Train. Also, during Love Train story time, I will show pictures from the book and tell wonderful fantasy stories about which poster might bring Crow back into the flowery meadow of EMP pollinators!  Bruce Love Train!   Snags = 3.  Okie

It's likely one of THE best books written on the Kaiju poster genre.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2019, 02:11:08 AM »

I didn't even know EMP did this, now I am deeply hurt.

Ok, here we go again - one last time: I have NOTHING against Bruce or EMP, I bid with them just like everyone else.
I also contribute lots of corrections to their auctions (and their archives), and send them in directly just like most other people.
Why? To help them and the hobby, and make it better for everyone. Every new (and a lot of advanced) collectors should check out Bruce's auctions, there are tons of bargains (by their own admission) for everyone. Yes, sometimes things sell high - I was going to point this out a week ago where they beat several Heritage results, but you guys would figure out someway to say that was an attack also.
The only time I make a public fuss about EMP is when they don't correct something I know is wrong, so I let people know publicly to beware and present the evidence (I think I've done that here twice, most of the time EMP updates listings instantly when they hear from me).

The thing I do get tired of is Bruce's constant bashing of "other" auction houses. He does it incessantly, and has for years. And none of you ever call him out on it. Even in this week's plug of his next "major" auction he can't help but mention that "other" auction houses don't really sell everything they offer, it just "seems" like it, and that "others" have lots of lawsuits from disgruntled customers.  And of course that he gets the highest prices overall (while also trumpeting that his auctions aren't for "millionaire's only" and 60% of everything sells for $20 or less) and that "other" auction houses treat customers like a chump waiting to be sold a $1 solid gold watch.
Okie, when are you going to ask Bruce to stop his negative attacks?
Has anyone here ever seen Grey post a negative thing about EMP or Bruce?

As for Ewbanks, they made a mistake, owned up to it and offered a full refund. That is exactly what a good auction house does.
If the high bidder doesn't want the item, then they are correct to offer it to the underbidder at the same price after disclosure (in my first post in this thread I was angry as it sounded like they were going to offer it without disclosure). If the underbidder rejects it, then they talk to the consignor about either offering to the high bidder at a reduced price, or offering the real items again at a later date.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com