Author Topic: Moviepostercenter on eBay - any experiences?  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Desk

• Beginner
Moviepostercenter on eBay - any experiences?
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
I've searched the forum, but I can't find any reference to Moviepostercenter on eBay - despite them being quite a big seller.

Has anyone any experience of buying from the, or any information? There seem to be so many sellers that begin 'Movieposter_____', and while I know that some like Movieposterzone are generally considered quite reputable, I know that others perhaps aren't. However, so far I've found nothing on these guys.

Many thanks,

Desk

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: Moviepostercenter on eBay - any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:59:00 AM »
Sorry Desk I haven’t but hopefully someone here has and will get back to you. If you ever see a poster you have questions about we can help.  I wish he didn't use stock photos and one neutral feedback mentions a possible repro but the buyer may not know what they are talking about in terms of the poster being legit.

Offline Desk

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 07:10:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply, J.

I'm almost loathe to say what I've done, for fear of an immediate responses along the lines of, 'Of course that's obviously a repro,' 'You've thrown your money away', 'What have you done, you fool, you FOOL!'  :)

I'd been hankering after an original Back to the Future one sheet for some time, having bought a shop reprint back in 1985 and after seeing prices gradually creeping up for the stashes on eBay supplied by the likes of Movieposterzone - who I've read had somehow obtained 'lifetime supplies' of the studio issues.

Moviepostercenter are now offering the rolled poster at the lowest 'buy it now price', advertising it with the correct 27x41 dimensions, and via an email exchange I've been assured by the seller that it is an original, obtained back in the day from Universal.

The seller's ratings are excellent - bar that one neutral comment you noted from one Batman poster buyer who doesn't seem clear themself about what they should expect - so with a 15% off deal on eBay I took the plunge.

As far as I can see I've no reason to doubt it'll be legit, but there's always that lump in the throat when throwing down a fair sum with a seller like this for the first time.

Desk

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »
Both sellers are fine.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:27:52 PM »
And there ya have it! Thanks Dale.

Yeah a decent lump of dough for a poster will make anyone nervous but I bet it works out brilliantly in the end.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:29:12 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Desk

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
Many thanks for that, Dale - that's very reassuring!  thumbsup.gif

Desk