Movie Posters > Show Us Your Collection!

Favorite Purchases of 2018

(1/17) > >>

Monster_A_GoGo:
The year is winding down. As we have in the past, I thought I'd jump in and start the list of our favorite purchases of the year. For me, it was not a banner year....but I still had some jewels mixed in with the crap. Here are my favorite purchases this year:

10):  JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

9):  CURSE OF THE AZTEC MUMMY (Mexico)

8):  PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

7):  CANNIBAL FEROX (Italy)

6):  JAWS

5):  THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (re-release)

4):  THE GIANT BEHEMOTH

3):  THE THIEF OF BAGDAD (re-release)

2):  THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN

1): KISS OF THE VAMPIRE

What are YOUR favorite purchases this year? Share them PLEASE! Cheers!

eatbrie:
Ha, this is never an easy proposition.  Just remembering is a challenge.  Got a few good things this year.  Or at least I think I did.  It's always in the eye of the beholder.  One person's treasure is shit to someone else.  We all have different taste, but that's what makes it interesting.  Still bought more than 1,000 posters, less than previous years though.  A new baby and moving again slowed me down a bit ;)  Lots of Bardots of course...  Gotta finish this collection so I can move to something else.  Some of my favs...

And a bunch of other stuff...  What I can remember.

I'll add more as I remember them.

T

Antoine1973:
Love the French poster for "Day the Earth Stood Still", I need to get one of these!

For some reason, I can't post my top 10 purchases of 2018 in one single post, so I'm trying again by breaking it down into 2:

10): "Not of this Earth" half-sheet

9): "The Green Slime" Italian 2F

8): "Son of Dracula" OS

7): "Fantastic Voyage" UK quad

6) "The Indestructible Man" 3-sheet

5): "The 2 Faces of Dr. Jekyll" Italian 2F

4): "Dead Man's Eyes" 6-sheet

3): "The Mummy's Curse" 3-sheet

2): "Revenge of the Creature" 2F

1): "The Mummy's Hand" OS

Antoine1973:
Part 2

Ratzkywatzky:
Wow there is some amazing stuff in this thread so far. I don't really have much desire to obtain horror posters myself, but I really appreciate them. Those Bardot posters are stunning. She is one of my favorites. Am hoping to add a really nice French poster of hers from the 50's or early 60's. Speaking of which, one of my New Year's resolutions is going to be to learn more about non-US vintage posters. The graphics on so many of them just floor me. That Eastwood is an example of what I am talking about. Just catches the eye. I just don't know enough about them yet.

Hope to see more..keep em coming!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version