Author Topic: Need Help!! Lobby Card And Folded One Sheet Size Bin For Store  (Read 6704 times)

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
Need Help!! Lobby Card And Folded One Sheet Size Bin For Store
« on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »
I hope to have a space at an antique center starting some time in January. Much of what I will have there will be individual lobby cards that are bagged and have a cardboard backer for individual sale, as well as one sheet posters the same way (though the posters I will have a photo in there as well showing what the poster looks like).

My question is what can I use so that people can "thumb through" the stuff...much like many of us used to do with record albums in a record store (that shouldn't make me feel old but it does). I am looking for ideas for what might work that would allow people to browse through the lobby cards/folded one sheets while standing there. I will likely have over 1,000 of them at any one time, so will need quite a bit of whatever the answer is.

Do milk crates work? Are they large enough to fit lobby cards? I seem to remember they fit record albums but not sure about lobby cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Need Help!! Lobby Card And Folded One Sheet Size Bin For Store
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »
you'll need to build your own mostly.

for lobby cards, you can get plexi glass dealers to make a clear bin for flipping through lobbies

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »
I've had good luck with some larger file bins from COSTCO.  They have the flip open attached lid.  Work great for lobbies.  But I store folded 1 sheets flat in them.  Not the best here.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
I hope to have a space at an antique center starting some time in January. Much of what I will have there will be individual lobby cards that are bagged and have a cardboard backer for individual sale, as well as one sheet posters the same way (though the posters I will have a photo in there as well showing what the poster looks like).

My question is what can I use so that people can "thumb through" the stuff...much like many of us used to do with record albums in a record store (that shouldn't make me feel old but it does). I am looking for ideas for what might work that would allow people to browse through the lobby cards/folded one sheets while standing there. I will likely have over 1,000 of them at any one time, so will need quite a bit of whatever the answer is.

Do milk crates work? Are they large enough to fit lobby cards? I seem to remember they fit record albums but not sure about lobby cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Milk crates measure (inside dimensions):  18.25 x 12 x 10.75  :

https://www.milkcratesdirect.com/black-square-milk-crates?gclid=CjwKCAiAu_LgBRBdEiwAkovNsC0q6-LftMFvdCNKKIopI3XGTOq46XO2Qb-y5-szdTljsZp8WoPF-BoCeQoQAvD_BwE

-Jeff

Offline NOTLDCollector68

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 04:12:53 PM »
I know this is a old post but figured it might help someone in the future.

For lobby cards, I use the Itoya art portfolio albums. They are great. Archival safe. Paper in the pages is acid free.
14 x 17 in size. 24 sleeves so if you use front and back , holds 48 lobby cards.

I don't do the following but I've known people who also use them to store folded one sheets inside as they fit.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 05:07:48 PM »
I think a lot of people use the Itoya binders, they are great for storing lobbies.
But, definitely tough for an antique center type store where there might not be someone on hand to assist all the time and you want to be able to make it easy for customers to take their selections to the counter while still being wrapped, protected, and priced.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com