Author Topic: Dreamworks Animation Development Xmas CD  (Read 14550 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Dreamworks Animation Development Xmas CD
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »
In the spirit of the season -- I was in my little junk shop here in the 'hood and was looking thru their stacks of CDs for Xmas music and came across this disc.

It looks to have been produced solely for the Dreamworks Animation Development Dept, back in 2001.

What was even more cool is that this CD has dedications inside to Mireille Soria, who, at that time, was a producer at Dreamworks animation, and who is now president of Paramount's animation division (since July, 2017).

So this was Soria's CD, that she must have decided to donate, at some later time.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0814969/

The 2 dedications are by Lance Young, and  Mike Lachance, who also were animation execs at Dreamworks at that same time.

And mostly, its an awesome playlist by the artists who are included on it.  thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:21:08 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Dreamworks Animation Development Xmas CD
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »
Cool find once again, Jeff!  A true Hollywood fed junk shop it is, eh?   Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:25:26 AM »
WTF!!!!  I made this fucking CD.  Sorry for the language, but it is a fucking CD and I was in charge of it.  So much work went into it.  Lance Young, my boss, was #2 at DWA at the time right after Jeffrey Katzenberg.  Mireille was a producer.  Mike is now a top exec at Sony Animation.  These were crazy years.  So much fun with the success of Shrek.  So many memories.

Ha!!!

T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:27:19 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
WTF!!!!  I made this fucking CD.  Sorry for the language, but it is a fucking CD and I was in charge of it.  So much work went into it.  Lance Young, my boss, was #2 at DWA at the time right after Jeffrey Katzenberg.  Mireille was a producer.  Mike is now a top exec at Sony Animation.  These were crazy years.  So much fun with the success of Shrek.  So many memories.

Ha!!!

T

Wow, that's an amazing small world/community story, T!  Sounds like that makes our Jeff four degrees from Katzenberg; and, Jeff may now have some of your actual DNA in his house assuming you may have touched the CD?!   Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »
You want more?  Lance’s sister is Leigh Taylor Young was was married to Ryan O Neal.  Lance’s nephew is Patrick O Neal of Fox Sports.  His other sister is Dey Young who was married to producer David Ladd, Alan Ladd’s son.  Lance himself directed a movie called Bliss with Terence Stamp.  I could go on but I think that’s enough ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »
You want more?  Lance’s sister is Leigh Taylor Young was was married to Ryan O Neal.  Lance’s nephew is Patrick O Neal of Fox Sports.  His other sister is Dey Young who was married to producer David Ladd, Alan Ladd’s son.  Lance himself directed a movie called Bliss with Terence Stamp.  I could go on but I think that’s enough ;)

T

T, to the rescue, indeed!!!!!  Jeff, you now have quite the story to tell around the roasting chestnuts!  Wow!   Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »
T, to the rescue, indeed!!!!!  Jeff, you now have quite the story to tell around the roasting chestnuts!  Wow!   Okie

If not DNA, perhaps a smudged fingerprint or 2, that belonged to Mireille. I'll have to dust for prints, Okie. ;)

-Jeff