Author Topic: Hello! New member.  (Read 4841 times)

Offline joedirt322

• Beginner
Hello! New member.
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
Hello, I'm new to the hobby and would first of all like to introduce myself. I'm 26 married and have 3 kids I also currently live in Panama City, Florida. I have just recently got into this hobby and I'm completely obsessed with it so far. Right now I plan on collecting newer movie posters from every movie me and my daughters have been to. I have alot to catch up on and future movies that we see to buy. I have met Dale Ditts on ebay and have actually bought a poster from him. He has helped me quite a bit and advised me to come here for questions. I have also learned about these Mondo screen prints and am wondering what are peoples take on those vs regular DS movie posters? I'm glad to be apart of this forum and look forward to becoming a regular member here.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:06:27 PM by joedirt322 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hello! New member.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
Hello, I'm new to the hobby and would first of all like to introduce myself. I'm 26 married and have 3 kids I also currently live in Panama City, Florida. I have just recently got into this hobby and I'm completely obsessed with it so far. Right now I plan on collecting newer movie posters from every movie me and my daughters have been to. I have alot to catch up on and future movies that we see to buy. I have met Dale Ditts on ebay and have actually bought a poster from him. He has helped me quite a bit and advised me to come here for questions. I have also learned about these Mondo screen prints and am wondering what are peoples take on those vs regular DS movie posters? I'm glad to be apart of this forum and look forward to becoming a regular member here.

Hey Joe.  Welcome.  Sounds like you met the right person in Dale.  I won’t say that about a lot of people, but Dale is the perfect introduction to modern posters.  Enjoy.

But what I’m most intrigued about is 3 daughters at 26.  Wow!  I just had my third child a couple weeks ago, but I’m much older than you.  I can’t imagine having them in my 20s.  I was drunk half the time :). How are you surviving?

Thierry

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joedirt322

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
Congrats on your third! Haha, I have two daughters one boy. I would say just that, we are surviving! My wife and I wanted kids young, but we are blessed by many things so we make it work. I have seen your posts before and have seen some of your collection, what is it that you think is more of value those mondo posters or actual Movie posters? I plan on having this collection for decades to come..

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
welcome to the jungle

welcome1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 05:29:50 PM »
Congrats on your third! Haha, I have two daughters one boy. I would say just that, we are surviving! My wife and I wanted kids young, but we are blessed by many things so we make it work. I have seen your posts before and have seen some of your collection, what is it that you think is more of value those mondo posters or actual Movie posters? I plan on having this collection for decades to come..

Well, except for a few rare titles, modern posters are really not worth much and will not appreciate, mainly because there are so many of them.  If value is what you’re after, i’d stick to prints, although I would strongly advise not to buy from flippers, their prices are just obscene.  Just stick to drops, and if you miss one, don’t be too sentimental about it and move on to the next one.  There are enough prints out there for everyone.  I have an okay collection of prints on my site.  Check it out if you have nothing better to do.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
 Welcome3.gif, Joe, and enjoy the poster party and peeps, here.

Looking forward to seeing some of your collection, too, sometime.

Glad to have you!

-Jeff

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »
eatbrie,

What do you mean by "Just stick to drops"? What are "drops"?

Well, except for a few rare titles, modern posters are really not worth much and will not appreciate, mainly because there are so many of them.  If value is what you’re after, i’d stick to prints, although I would strongly advise not to buy from flippers, their prices are just obscene.  Just stick to drops, and if you miss one, don’t be too sentimental about it and move on to the next one.  There are enough prints out there for everyone.  I have an okay collection of prints on my site.  Check it out if you have nothing better to do.

T
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:12:52 AM »
Hey there, JoeDirt322----Just collect what YOU like and what your heart tells you to get. Dale is a good source. I've purchased from him several times.  I buy a lot of what others would call "crap"---but it makes me happy. GO FOR IT and Welcome!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!