Author Topic: Sherlock Holmes  (Read 3293 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Sherlock Holmes
« on: November 05, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
I don't see a thread on our great English sleuth and scientist, Sherlock Holmes! This year is the 130th anniversary of the appearance of A Study in Scarlet in book form (the story first appeared in Beeton's 1887 Christmas Annual). So, here's a thread to get us going.  I recently got what I feel was a fantastic price on this attached Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror one sheet.  Several sources list the film being released on September 18, 1942.  The cool thing to me about this third installment in the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce, Holmes/Watson dynasty is not only does Universal B-side pick up the mantle that 20th Century Fox dropped, but also Holmes and Watson start their move into timelessness!  What a brilliant move by Universal that brings us new adventures right up to today.  The prolific actress, Mary Gordon, also travels through time with our pair as Holmes landlady.  This colorful one sheet is currently unrestored and unbacked living in its natural state.  Please dig deep and let's see everyone's Sherlock Holmes movie paper past and present!

Okie

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:11:41 AM »
I don't have any Holmes in my collection.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:28:59 AM »
Love it.

But while we can lament the art of yore, floating heads do seem as prevalent 'back in the day' as today's photographic equivalent.

Not always, to be sure.

Anyway, still love it.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
No Holmes here, either, Okie, but that is one great looking OS from the film series you have. And un-backed, to boot, by jove!  sherlockholmes.gif

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:43:53 PM »
Another with not a single piece. That one there is great though, would not mind having it myself. Thanks for sharing.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
Hello Richie, Simes, Jeff, and Undead!  Thanks for taking a look at my first Sherlock Holmes movie poster.  There are are some great Holmes images out there past and present. I bet some of our fellow APFers have a few.  Fingers crossed we'll get to see some of them!   Okie