Author Topic: Incomplete and Partial Posters  (Read 12402 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Incomplete and Partial Posters
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
It's OK I found a piece that fits one of mine.... ;-)

Paul,
I know there are a few of these partial Son of Franks around, but at least one owner has had the top portion recreated. You all should contact him to see about full size copies so you can at least display yours and have it look complete.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »
As far as I know Sean, theres only 3 of them that came out of that sale. The guy I know who was selling his had the work done, and sold it to Jim.

I hate to say it, but I've seen a top piece back in the late 70's, but thought it wasn't worth buying at the time, as the guy wanted a fair bit. I got this bottom part years later, so I live in hope... I know... sucker.

Still it's nice to have a period Uni-Horror poster from the UK. Even if it's not complete.

Did I send you the image of the U.K. Dracs Daughter 12 sheet part poster that was in that sale?
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »
- Eric

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
Some 1940's incomplete six sheets
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »
Recently I have been buying lessor valued film noir posters (Inserts and Half sheets) from the 40's and 50's, I will post them soon when I get around to it. I came across a classic noir image (six sheet) with Glenn Ford on Ebay - Framed 1947, that I really like. It is the full left portion with the image intact. I am not really looking for the rest of it but if it ever comes up I will be interested. I also bought another noir incomplete six sheet 'So dark is the night' 1946 from the same seller (the top portion in tact) and then two other incomplete six sheets  as the combined shipping was very reasonable. The two other incomplete six sheets are -  Jack Londons Alaska (1944) and Action in Arabia (1944).

Regards

Ian

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2021, 11:44:04 PM »
Ian: Some great art on those partial posters.  Okie

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2022, 10:13:26 PM »
That's amazing as is.