Author Topic: Posters Over $200,000.00?? Heritage has sold 16 of them. They hold the throne  (Read 4160 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
$200,000.00

few auctions have sold posters for that high value, but Heritage has done it over & over & over

since 2007 HA has sold a whopping 16 posters at this lofty price point with the highest price, for a Dracula one sheet at $525K

They've sold 21 posters for more than $100,000.00 and they have sold 100 posters total for $50,000.00 or more

Most collectors never even reach $200,000.00 in total value for their entire collection

https://movieposters.ha.com/heritage-auctions-hall-of-fame-best-prices-realized.s?ic=browsecategory-all-sold-121515

Heritage sits on the throne and there aren't any vassals that even come close to this lofty goal

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline redman

• Collector
strange thread. anyway don't forget though that HA uses the trick of including buyers premium/tax in their figures instead of actual hammer price

• Post-aholic
strange thread. anyway don't forget though that HA uses the trick of including buyers premium/tax in their figures instead of actual hammer price

what's strange about the thread? Is this not a movie poster forum for discussion about movie posters?
I'm not even talking about how many comic books they've sold for more than $200k (they've sold 83 comic books or comic art items over 200k, 331 items at $100k or more and nearly 1000 items at $50k of more)

as to BP, BP is part of the buyer's final price as is noted, taxes however are absolutely not included in any final reported prices, nor are any shipping fees

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline redman

• Collector
when i used term buyers premium/tax i meant solely buyers premium (to me it a tax ;D)

• Post-aholic
when i used term buyers premium/tax i meant solely buyers premium (to me it a tax ;D)

I can see how some might interpret BP as a tax

I know when I bid, I do backward math. I want to pay $200, I know BP will equal about $35 on a $165 bid and now I've reached $200

I know that all bidders use something of a similar equation when considering bidding and the costs of shipping, as there has been a direct correlation between raising shipping costs and decreasing values of posters where the cost does make a difference.  For instance, I always that for every dollar shipping increases, you lose $1 in bidding on a single item. For people who bid on many items early and not knowing how many they might win, they will decrease their bid $1 across the entire selection

how many times did you not bid on some guy's ebay listing because it says the shipping is $35 from California to NYC? (or whatever your location is etc)

Because of this dichotomy, I haven't raised shipping rates since 2014, even though the post office has increased rates 4 times since then and this is a contributing factor to why I am reducing the number of auctions I'm doing annually. Factually, I'm losing money on supplies & labor with every single package I ship and that is $4 to $8 per package.
Shipping someone's $200 purchase and losing $8.00 on a package is just the cost of business.
Shipping someone's $4 auction win and losing $4.00 is a waste of time & resources

but I digress, tax or no tax, people generally take this amount into consideration when bidding, so it isn't really a complaint. BP is not a hidden factor and when you bid on HA, it tells you what your final bid is with BP before you hit the button during the live online bidding

-------

Offline redman

• Collector
does HA pay to consignor using the hammer price or hammer+BP? (i will bet everything i've got that it's the first)
nothing wrong in this of course, but they are cooking the books a bit using hammer+BP as price item sold for (in my eyes)

• Post-aholic
does HA pay to consignor using the hammer price or hammer+BP? (i will bet everything i've got that it's the first)
nothing wrong in this of course, but they are cooking the books a bit using hammer+BP as price item sold for (in my eyes)

BP is and always has been for the auction.
however, if you want to sell a Dracula 1sh, I'll bet you can make a deal to not pay a % on the hammer price
Not something you can request when they sell a DTESS poster though (though you may be able to get a reduction)

-------

Offline redman

• Collector
btw, i don't have any problem with BP - auction houses have to pay for rent/staff/bills etc

• Post-aholic
btw, i don't have any problem with BP - auction houses have to pay for rent/staff/bills etc

it's just a cost. take it into account and there's nothing to be disappointed/angry/unhappy about

-------