Author Topic: Jaws reenacted  (Read 1366 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Jaws reenacted
« on: August 11, 2022, 11:01:37 PM »
Kids and I are huge Jaws fans.  So when on vacation on Martha's Vineyard, we decided to re-enact some moments.  Of course, a lot has changed since 1974, but the nerds in us still managed to find the exact same rocks (as if collecting movie posters was not enough hahah)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
Re: Jaws reenacted
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 11:29:44 PM »
Oh, fabulous!  What a great activity to share your love for a movie, and to make deeper connections about a vacation spot. 
And dare I say, the color in your photos is even more rich and vibrant than the screen captures from the movie  ;D 
Thanks for sharing!

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 12:29:05 PM »
This is great!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 05:50:33 PM »
Yeah, great photos T! Looks lots of fun!

I haven't shown Jaws to my kids yet, they love swimming in the sea so much I'm a bit reluctant in case it puts them off! I remember it having that sort of effect on me for a few years, although maybe they won't find it as scary as I did when I was a youngster.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 11:50:03 PM »
I live 3 blocks from the beach in LA.  My twins are 8 and already little surfers (which goes with the territory).  I would lie if I didn't tell you that there was a conversation between my wife and I as to whether Jaws was on the horizon or not.  Needless to say, I won.  They were 6 or 7 when they saw it and it is one of their favorite movies.  We're just finishing a 2 month trip back east and spending a few days on Martha's Vineyard remains my son's favorite.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 09:02:25 AM »
As someone who writes about film locations for books, I see much of the same going on, at least in the Bond film world, and definitely on Instagram where it is rife.

Quite refreshing to see it does happen elsewhere in film too.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 03:03:18 AM »
I'm just seeing this and, I must say, how very cool it must have been for you and the kids. Yowza!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!