Author Topic: Got some odd posters which market is best to sell them in? ?  (Read 7721 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Got some odd posters which market is best to sell them in? ?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 03:05:16 PM »
Re: Heritage I suppose I could ship more of my collectible posters to Heritage but that brings up several questions:

Is Heritage the best place to get the most for my posters? I had a Ww I poster I got 1200 for on ebay I dont think I'd get that much at the auctions around here. But I know HA gets good money for their movie posters.

Can we assume HA does as well with other types of posters such as ww II and Ww i posters as they do with movie posters?

Can I bundle the posters with other high ticket items to meet the threshold? Does HA auction basically every type of collectible? I have a music box I as thinking of sending to Christies in New York, can we expect HA to do as well with it as them?

ON the CUrrier and Ives lithograph. Its true that I did a sloppy effort on that listing. i find if I dont list things as soon as I get them they did to never get listed. You are correct on the mistakes I made there. I will probably just pull the listing in order to send it to auction.

WHat about the other questions I had about the Russian poster and the Kruger poster. Does anyone have any comment on those?

Heritage has numerous collectible divisions. They currently have material I sent them in Photographs, Comics, Posters and Entertainment divisions

of course, you ask yourself "why does Heritage sell in so many collectible divisions?"

the answer: because every division is run by actual collectors and Jim Halperin is one of the biggest collectors across numerous hobbies.For instance, Jim had bought numerous pieces of EC comic art from me over the years

Music box.. is that one of those big hulking machines? Shipping that must be a bear!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
Yeah shipping was my next question. Does it have to be shipped to them directly in Dallas? I was going to drive the music box directly to New York if Christies wants it but HA also has an office in NY.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »
Yeah shipping was my next question. Does it have to be shipped to them directly in Dallas? I was going to drive the music box directly to New York if Christies wants it but HA also has an office in NY.

Kind of curious on your music box...what kind of music box is this, that you think any (or all) of the big auction houses would want the consignment? What size is it? What's it made of? Where was it made? Year it was produced? etc.

You have a pic you could share? Be cool to see.

-Jeff

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »
Look up Bemond music box.