Author Topic: September 2018  (Read 8550 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: September ("Leapin' Lizards"!)
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
I think Halle Berry is a national treasure!  She's a great talent, and must be a joy to film as every camera angle is her good side. 

Well said.  She is a national treasure. 8)

FRANKENSTEIN AND HE MONSTER FROM HELL (1974), with P Cushing and a pre-Vader David Prowse as the Monster.

Nice one.  Cool title.  Makes me want to check out what "the monster from Hell" is.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »
Soo I have bid on this poster numerous times the past few years, and here I had one rolled on top of my cabinet the whole time. I need a warehouse where I can get everything organized!

OMG, it happens to me all the time now.  And I have no excuse.  I have a very precise spreadsheet and a website.  But I see something at Emovie or HA, I'm at the park with the kids, I don't have time to check and I bid.  It's always small amounts, less than $100 for sure, but it's annoying.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
Soo I have bid on this poster numerous times the past few years, and here I had one rolled on top of my cabinet the whole time. I need a warehouse where I can get everything organized!

No such thing as too many Princess Brides!  It's always wise to surround yourself with more genius, Ddilts!   Okie

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 04:11:28 AM »
Soo I have bid on this poster numerous times the past few years, and here I had one rolled on top of my cabinet the whole time.
I need a warehouse where I can get everything organized!

well get a really really big one, because mine is 2200 sqft and I don't have enough space to get it organized....

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »
Been looking for county land for years to put up a 40x60, real estate in town here is just crazy high. The other option is drive 30 minutes to a small town for something reasonable which I am not ready to do yet.

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
I acquired this Jaws 2 advance poster. This is the undated version, which means I now have all three versions of this poster. There is this one, one that has 'ALL NEW' above the title with the date underneath the title, and a third version without 'ALL NEW' but with the date below the title.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:51:57 PM by eric160634 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 11:17:14 PM »
I acquired this Jaws 2 advance poster. This is the undated version, which means I now have all three versions of this poster. There is this one, one that has 'ALL NEW' above the title with the date underneath the title, and a third version without 'ALL NEW' but with the date below the title.

Nice!!!  That's a great poster, even if my countryman Jeannot "Santa Claus: The Movie" Szwarc is no Spielberg.  Got a feeling Zanuck/Brown is probably more at fault here.  A great campaign nevertheless.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »
Nice looking poster, there, eric! Congrats on this pickup, and completing your trio.

Ive always really liked the intense red sunset sky and just the lone fin up thru those high waves. It's more terrifying (to me), of what you actually DON'T see on the poster. 

And no date=less text=more art to see. NICE!  thumbup
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:45:00 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
Re: IMAX
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
Hi everyone,hope all of you are well.
These are some international IMAX posters which I think are quite unique.

The comics version of justice league.This version is used in Malaysia.Although the design is just OK,but still fine to me as I like the movie.

During the IMAX premiere of Justice League in Singapore,there is a set of character posters on display outside the screening hall,it is a pity that the rest of the character posters are damaged and this is the only one which condition is OK.

This is the IMAX version of Infinity war used in Singapore.This movie is quite popular too as there are still many fan theories on how the movie will end.
Have a good day ahead everyone.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: IMAX
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 08:01:37 PM »
Hi everyone,hope all of you are well.
These are some international IMAX posters which I think are quite unique.

The comics version of justice league.This version is used in Malaysia.Although the design is just OK,but still fine to me as I like the movie.
Have a good day ahead everyone.

Hi Angelflyover,  Thanks for posting these international IMAX posters!  I really enjoyed this comic art version of Justice League.  When we lived in Bangkok, we sure enjoyed the grand movie poster and standee displays.  It's very cool you get to see them now.  I'm a bit jealous!   Okie

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »
Thanks,I can remember that good old days that many posters are hand illustrated,the designs are more interesting,hope you are able to get your hands on one too.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »
Thanks,I can remember that good old days that many posters are hand illustrated,the designs are more interesting,hope you are able to get your hands on one too.

This is the reason that I like this poster, too, the best out of the 3, angelflyover. Because is it drawn art and not just the use of photos or CG generated/designed imagery. Very nice poster, for sure.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »
Thanks ,my sentiments too Jeff,and I noticed that the drawing have great likeness with the actors and actress of the movie.

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 11:48:10 PM »

Haven't picked up a new poster in forever so I wanted to share. I've never seen this artwork for this title with English text before. Always loved skateboarding and this was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:11:49 AM by Severen »