Author Topic: 10.5x14 Don't Get Hooked! The Drug Pusher Will Squeeze You for Every Dime! 1929.  (Read 6816 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I found one more that appears to be by the same company but I can't find a large/high enough quality picture to confirm.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-nude-suggestive-poster-dr-288282914

I have to go back into work for awhile now gonna continue the hunt when I get home!

Seems the Key Publishing Company was hired to print a variety of subjects in this same, smaller size. Here's another, from 1922, for a screening of The Sheik, with Valentino, at the Bijou Theater.

http://collections.museumca.org/?q=collection-item/h771658

-Jeff

Offline Blood_Visions

• Beginner
Thanks so much for sharing! So far I've found examples from the teens and twenties. Makes me ponder if my poster is indeed earlier as dated. Hopefully find some more with a bit of research and maybe some more information on the company.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:25:44 PM by Blood_Visions »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Another thought: maybe the other poster with the yellow, printed arm is a reprint from the 1950s?  dontknow.gif

-Jeff

Offline Blood_Visions

• Beginner
I contacted the seller of the Pancho Villa poster and was told "The poster appears on page 63 with a small informational blurb" - Patricia Worthington:

El Paso and the Mexican Revolution. Sent a correspondence to the El Paso County Historical Society hoping maybe they had some more information.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
The fact that your copy has the B/W outstretched arm and the other copy you found that was auctioned was printed with a orange arm is curious. You would think that in an initial run, one color pallet or another would have been used for the entire run.

That's why I was offering that either yours or the orange arm version could possibly be a later reprint of the original 1915 version.

Its a matter of figuring that out. Or maybe both are first printings. It's hard to know at this point, but the fact that the orange version was ID'd as from the 1950s in that auction might be something to start with. They had to have gotten that info from somewhere, whether it's correct or not.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:20:21 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Also, the overall paper color is different on the orange arm version, too (compared to yours). But that could toning of the paper, lighting etc.

-Jeff

Offline Blood_Visions

• Beginner
I inquired through the auction provider but I received a generic response that information on old items no longer available.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I inquired through the auction provider but I received a generic response that information on old items no longer available.

They probably had no further info than was offered in the description, anyhow.

-Jeff

Offline Blood_Visions

• Beginner
I finally bit the bullet and took it out and examined it a bit better, it's a lot thinner much more like a poster paper then it looks from the pictures. I also noticed in one spot a small a single piece of glitter is present I'm hoping this is removable, this is the kind of stuff that would drive me nuts. Lol.