Author Topic: Hello from new CT member  (Read 8753 times)

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
Hello from new CT member
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Hello poster lovers, and thank you for having me here! I am new to this forum as well new to collecting posters. My passion is vintage posters, specifically vintage advertising. I have not been successful finding a lot of vintage advertising posters, but I did find many old movie posters and started my collection last year. Below are a couple posters, framed in my office.

Most my posters are currently rolled in tubes, but I understand that may not be the right way to store them. Any advice? Also, I want to hang some more using the Posterhanger. How can I get them to be straight before I hang them?

Thank you!
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Hello from new CT member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »
First, welcome2.gif, vicdor74 and enjoy the forum. Nice framing job on the grouping hanging in your office, too.

Looking forward to seeing more time moves on, too.

Just curious.. you mentioned that  you have found many old movie posters that are rolled up in tubes for storage. Were these posters rolled originally? Or were some originally folded that you decided to roll up & store, instead?

-Jeff

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »
Hi Jeff,

The posters were rolled after they were linen backed a couple months ago. Before linen backing most were folded. I kept them in the shipping tubes after the backing was added, for now (I have kids and I'm afraid they'll find them!). But now I'd like to display them at my office where I am considering the Posterhanger.

Thank you!
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »
Hey vicdor,

Since they are backed, then rolled is the way to store them.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
Thank you. Any idea on how I can get them straight before I hang them, so they won't curl up on the wall?
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »
Hi Vicdor!  Great framed posters with classics! Thanks for your inagural picture.  If your are framing the rolled posters, I've always unrolled and put right in the frame with no trouble.  If hanging linen backed rolled posters without frame, you can hang the top of the poster with something like alligator clips,  and clip the bottom as well.  I've clipped a yard stick or similar sized straight object to the bottom as well to help hold it down initially.  Okie

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
Welcome Vicdor74! How wonderful to have you aboard. I see Jeff (erik1925) and Okie (Okiehawker) have already welcomed you. Those two are great sources of knowledge if you have further questions. Poke around the site a bit. You will find other members here that would be happy to help. This is a great place. I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers and welcome!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
Hi Vicdor!  Great framed posters with classics! Thanks for your inagural picture.  If your are framing the rolled posters, I've always unrolled and put right in the frame with no trouble.  If hanging linen backed rolled posters without frame, you can hang the top of the poster with something like alligator clips,  and clip the bottom as well.  I've clipped a yard stick or similar sized straight object to the bottom as well to help hold it down initially.  Okie

Okie, what type of alligator clips did you find work well? Do you have a picture, or link?

Thank you!
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
Okie, what type of alligator clips did you find work well? Do you have a picture, or link?

Thank you!

Hi Vicdor,

See how T clipped this large Star Wars poster.  This method can work directly attached to the wall without a frame.  What do you think? 

https://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,177.msg233603.html#msg233603

My best

Okie

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
Hi Vicdor,

See how T clipped this large Star Wars poster.  This method can work directly attached to the wall without a frame.  What do you think? 

https://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,177.msg233603.html#msg233603

My best

Okie

Love it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:24:38 PM by vicdor74 »
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
Welcome Vicdor74! How wonderful to have you aboard. I see Jeff (erik1925) and Okie (Okiehawker) have already welcomed you. Those two are great sources of knowledge if you have further questions. Poke around the site a bit. You will find other members here that would be happy to help. This is a great place. I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers and welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »
Welcome.

CT??

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
Welcome.

CT??

Thank you! Yes, Connecticut.
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »
Ah.

I too am from Windsor, although the UK version.  Home to various weddings 'n' all.

Dorobantu. This of Romanian heritage?

Offline vicdor74

• Beginner
    • Victor Dorobantu
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 10:26:01 AM »
Ah.

I too am from Windsor, although the UK version.  Home to various weddings 'n' all.

Dorobantu. This of Romanian heritage?

Haha...."various weddings 'n' all"....  ;D
Dorobantu is indeed of Romanian heritage! Nobody ever asked me that before, how did you know?
Victor Dorobantu
South Windsor, CT 06074

www.victordorobantu.com