Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6829 times)

Offline pelham123

• Beginner
Hello
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:27 AM »
 Hello, I've been a fan of movie posters since plastering my bedroom walls as a teenager in the 90s. I've only started collecting very recently though.

And this beast of an Italian 4f, hoping to get it restored and framed soon

Look forward to talking with you guys, Cheers

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:01:38 AM »
Welcome!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:01:31 PM »
 welcome1 pelham, and enjoy the gang here.

And thanks for posting a few poster teasers from your collection. Looking forward to seeing more, too.

-Jeff

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:52:21 PM »
Welcome aboard, P123.

That Japanese poster is cool, and interesting framing.  If you don't mind me asking, what movie is it for, and is it "floating" in the frame?

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:41:38 PM »

Welcome...digging the diversity in the few that you've posted.  thumbsup.gif

Hope to see more.

Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »
Welcome aboard, P123.

That Japanese poster is cool, and interesting framing.  If you don't mind me asking, what movie is it for, and is it "floating" in the frame?

It’s from the ‘Female Prisoner Scorpion‘ film series.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/review/female-prisoner-scorpion-the-complete-collection

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 09:53:53 PM »
Cool.

cheers

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:59:31 PM »
Yea, Pelham!  I agree with Neo on you cool scorpion poster. Welcome.  Okie

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 01:33:00 AM »
Hey Pelham123---welcome aboard, and I dig that you have your poster namesake (just visible to the right of the first photo). I have a copy, too. Great art! But, while everyone seemed in awe of the Japanese poster, I was digging more on the Italian one. Hmm.

Anyway---welcome to APF.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline pelham123

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 04:09:44 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it.

Welcome aboard, P123.

Hi Neo, like Harry Caul was saying it's from Female Prisoner Scorpion, the third film in the series. Those films are crazy, beautifully shot too.

Yes, the poster is floating in the frame. It's something my local framer offers here in Dublin. I've even seen them frame props and things like that too. There's some interesting stuff on their site https://www.hangtough.ie/recent-work/

Hey Pelham123---welcome aboard, and I dig that you have your poster namesake (just visible to the right of the first photo). I have a copy, too. Great art! But, while everyone seemed in awe of the Japanese poster, I was digging more on the Italian one. Hmm.

Anyway---welcome to APF.

CHEERS!

Hi Monster_A_GoGo, thanks for the welcome. Fair play for spotting the Pelham poster (I really must get a better frame for it, haha!)

The Italian poster is for Violent Naples, took a long time to find. I was in such a hurry to hit 'Buy it now' I didn't realize it was bus shelter sized, lol. It'll be a challenge to find a frame, but I think it'll look great once I do.

Cheers guys  :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it.

Hi Neo, like Harry Caul was saying it's from Female Prisoner Scorpion, the third film in the series. Those films are crazy, beautifully shot too.

Yes, the poster is floating in the frame. It's something my local framer offers here in Dublin. I've even seen them frame props and things like that too. There's some interesting stuff on their site https://www.hangtough.ie/recent-work/

Hi Monster_A_GoGo, thanks for the welcome. Fair play for spotting the Pelham poster (I really must get a better frame for it, haha!)

The Italian poster is for Violent Naples, took a long time to find. I was in such a hurry to hit 'Buy it now' I didn't realize it was bus shelter sized, lol. It'll be a challenge to find a frame, but I think it'll look great once I do.

Cheers guys  :)

Cool poster, pelham.

Just curious -- in your first post where you showed this one, you mentioned that you were going to have it restored. From looking at the pic, it doesnt appear to have any damage, tears or missing paper. Or is there some kind of damage that we cant see, that needs restoration?

-Jeff

Offline pelham123

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 02:34:16 AM »
Cool poster, pelham.

Just curious -- in your first post where you showed this one, you mentioned that you were going to have it restored. From looking at the pic, it doesnt appear to have any damage, tears or missing paper. Or is there some kind of damage that we cant see, that needs restoration?

Hi erik,

I guess the main thing for me would be the removal of the stickers. There is some slight tearing in the corners of the fold lines, nothing too major.

I've never had a poster restored or linen backed before, but from what I understand the folds and creases are worked out during the process and the poster can be rolled after, I think this might be a good choice for me. I'm looking to move country in the near future, so not sure how soon I'll be able to get it framed.

Have you had any of your own posters linen backed?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
Hi pelham,

Ive had a couple posters linen backed. Both were older and the paper was fragile and a little brittle at some of the folds, so I decided to do it, to keep the posters from splitting or other damage. Kind of like stabilizing the paper.

Sounds like you want to back your poster to get rid of or lessen the look of the fold lines?

-Jeff