Author Topic: Amadeus (1984) Original Rolled One-Sheet  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Croweyes1121

• Beginner
Amadeus (1984) Original Rolled One-Sheet
« on: April 20, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
I recently won a lot of ten of these from emovieposter.  They listed their condition as “good”, but I personally think that’s a bit harsh.  I’d definitely go “good to very good” at minimum.  A bit of minor edge wear, with a non-noticeable hairline crease here and there, but no major issues.  Note that Orion printed these a bit small, so they measure approx. 25-3/4”x39-7/8”.

I’m asking $70 shipped each if anyone is interested.

Four available.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Amadeus (1984) Original Rolled One-Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »
Nice looking poster.

Can you show a pic of one of the 4 copies that you have that isnt in a frame, so the edges can be seen?

And, BTW,  welcome1 to the forum. Enjoy!!

-Jeff

Offline Croweyes1121

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
I actually made a YouTube video recently, this should do:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HvD8L65-y6o" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HvD8L65-y6o</a>

And thanks for the welcome.  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:42:56 PM by erik1925 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 12:02:33 AM »
Great video!!

And for pointing out and describing the various little flaws and dings. That way, no one has any question.

clap clap

-Jeff

Offline Croweyes1121

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
No problem.  I just figured a video was much clearer than a few out of context photos.  I tried to make this with as much info that I would want to see as possible.  Worth noting: I’ve sold three of these so far on the movie poster collector pages on FB, and all buyers were happy with them.

Offline Croweyes1121

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »
Wow...121 views and no bites on these?  I'm kind of surprised TBH.  This poster was high on my wish list for a really long time, but was always far too expensive rolled.  At this price point, I figured these would be gone in a hot second.  lol

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »
Yeah, rolled versions of this poster are getting hard to find.  Yours are not in top notch condition, but the price is right and mint condition posters for the title are not much around anymore.  It's surprising, but not that surprising.  I have stopped guessing what sells and doesn't sell a long time ago.  When you see the same stupid Dark Knight posters sell for $200+ week after week after week and a great Academy Award winning movie poster that gets no attention... go figure.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Croweyes1121

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »
I've just had an eBay buyer who received one of these question its authenticity.  He says he believes the paper weight does not feel right, and the sheen on the ink doesn't match other NSS posters he's seen from this vintage.

These one-sheets ARE undersized (as they should be) at 25-3/4"x 39-7/8".  Now, it's my understanding that the reason for this was because Orion printed this particular poster in-house rather than contracting them out to NSS (even though they do still have the NSS number on them).  I thought that perhaps this could account for the ink and paper differences.  The posters certainly do not look "new", and with being the correct size, I'd be shocked if they were repros, but is there any chance they could be?  They were not listed as reproductions on EMP, and if they turn out to be, it'll be the first time I've received a repro not explicitly labeled as such from them.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »
I've just had an eBay buyer who received one of these question its authenticity.  He says he believes the paper weight does not feel right, and the sheen on the ink doesn't match other NSS posters he's seen from this vintage.

These one-sheets ARE undersized (as they should be) at 25-3/4"x 39-7/8".  Now, it's my understanding that the reason for this was because Orion printed this particular poster in-house rather than contracting them out to NSS (even though they do still have the NSS number on them).  I thought that perhaps this could account for the ink and paper differences.  The posters certainly do not look "new", and with being the correct size, I'd be shocked if they were repros, but is there any chance they could be?  They were not listed as reproductions on EMP, and if they turn out to be, it'll be the first time I've received a repro not explicitly labeled as such from them.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a folded one in addition to the one I bought from you.  I got the folded one from Cinemasterdave.  I'll pull them both out and compare tonight or tomorrow.  I didn't see any issues with it.

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »
Still haven’t found my folded one sheet - found an Italian locandina, 4-fogli, and a French medium though.  Always fun to go through them...