Author Topic: Are movie stars/directors/producers "hip to our vibe"?  (Read 4462 times)

guest4955

Are movie stars/directors/producers "hip to our vibe"?
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:13:28 AM »
Collecting/displaying MPs?

This offbeat thread idea has been perambulating my brain for a while. So today, I queried probably the BEST source re displaying:

+ "Many of my clients are actors, producers, directors, writers, etc...and, yes, they display their own movie posters and movie posters they collect." Source: Sue Heim, www.HollywoodPosterFrames.com, who does/did indeed sell many frames to Hollywood institutions, including Industrial Light & Magic:

Sifting through the endless vortex of (mis)information in my memories and the 'Net, I recall that Bruce Hershenson recently stated that he once asked an A-lister why stars did not collect/display MPs: "My friends don't. So I don't."

Russell Crowe VERY successfully recently auctioned off all/some (?) of his personal MPs:

Steven Spielberg reportedly bought (was given?) 25 of these stellar Durieuxs to distribute to pals:

guest4955

Re: Are movie stars/directors/producers "hip to our vibe"?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:25:16 AM »

guest4955

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:10 AM »
Remember when he was awesome?

Alas, a dreadful state of affairs befell him ... and he successfully consigned:

guest4955

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 02:45:33 AM »

What (if anything) can you add?....

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:59 AM »
I must admit I am not sure if I have understood the thrust to your idea, but, when wandering around Pinewood Studios in the main offices area of Hetherden Hall where the Bond Producers were based, the halls were decorated with all their 1 Sheets. (Of the Bond movies, if that wasn't clear)

Creaky halls, old wooden doors, and Bond.  Just so much history and energy.

The producers have now long since been been moved out of Hetherden Hall because Star Wars came in and sort of took over everything, forever.  So Kathleen Kennedy and crew got the old house and Barbara and Michael were moved to some modern office block over the way.  I think the Pinewood staff made her a little garden by way of compensation.  Not sure how well that went down.

Anyway, I have digressed.  Bond Producers display Bond posters.  Point made.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
I must admit I am not sure if I have understood the thrust to your idea, but, when wandering around Pinewood Studios in the main offices area of Hetherden Hall where the Bond Producers were based, the halls were decorated with all their 1 Sheets. (Of the Bond movies, if that wasn't clear)

Creaky halls, old wooden doors, and Bond.  Just so much history and energy.

The producers have now long since been been moved out of Hetherden Hall because Star Wars came in and sort of took over everything, forever.  So Kathleen Kennedy and crew got the old house and Barbara and Michael were moved to some modern office block over the way.  I think the Pinewood staff made her a little garden by way of compensation.  Not sure how well that went down.

Anyway, I have digressed.  Bond Producers display Bond posters.  Point made.

EON's main office is elsewhere. Been there - they display posters in their own offices.
Pinewood is interesting - when walking around the corridors etc they have posters and stills up for every movie ever made there. It's a fantastic visual history, as Simes and others will know.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
Does Leo not count as an A-lister anymore?

That's interesting about Pinewood (and understandable).
At Pinewood here in Atlanta, from where I've been they've got nothing up.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline keith

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »
I'm not an A-lister, but I have my movie poster collection hanging at my offices. Not posters for my own movies, but posters I love for movies I love.

Online Starling

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
The USC School of Cinematic Arts has some amazing posters hanging all throughout.

I know Scorsese, Spielberg, and Lucas were all big movie poster collectors at one time...