Author Topic: April 2018  (Read 21783 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: April 2018
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 10:19:19 PM »
the Dracula & Frankenstein prints are fabulous. I couldn't get one when they came out

some other nice pieces posted

this piece I've actually had for some time, but never had it up, so I could never get a picture.

at the same time, I changed out a wall

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
Great Cyd Charisse, Richie!!!  Wowie, wow!!! Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 10:57:31 PM »
Love the Orphée, too, Rich.

Such a great poster & image!

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 12:28:48 AM »
Great Cyd Charisse, Richie!!!  Wowie, wow!!! Okie

thanks. She is almost life size. I really only have the one wall to put her on and it was busy.
At the Hard Rock, they have another style, that has giant stacks of gold dollar coins instead of dice

Love the Orphée, too, Rich.

Such a great poster & image!

I've posted that before, with the other style next to it. I prefer this style, to one of my favorite films.
When T saw me post the two, he went out and searched for them himself & I believe he snagged folded copies in sharp shape sometime last year
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:29:49 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 12:30:35 AM »
I recall your previously posted Orphee images well.   sm1

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 12:44:57 AM »
I recall your previously posted Orphee images well.   sm1

I've had it up in different locations for a long time. one of my favorites

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 12:55:12 AM »
I've had it up in different locations for a long time. one of my favorites

Are those 2 posters quite hard to find and come by these days?

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 02:43:08 AM »
Are those 2 posters quite hard to find and come by these days?

I've seen less than 5 of either style, but for all I know if you go to France for a poster show, every dealer could have one on the table

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 02:47:55 AM »
I've seen less than 5 of either style, but for all I know if you go to France for a poster show, every dealer could have one on the table

The thrill of the discovery, I guess, when possibly least expected.

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:59 AM »
Finally received the very rare and unusual Spy 1 Sheet from HA, about which words have been spoken in the Bond thread. 

And, it really is mint (aside from one very minimal tear bottom left).  And bloody rare.  Both EMP and HA have never sold one before this.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »
Really dig the art! How long have you been searching for that particular poster?

Congratulations on the grab!

Finally received the very rare and unusual Spy 1 Sheet from HA, about which words have been spoken in the Bond thread. 

And, it really is mint (aside from one very minimal tear bottom left).  And bloody rare.  Both EMP and HA have never sold one before this.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
Nice find there, Mike.  thumbsup.gif

Looks to be artist signed in the lower left area in yellow? If so, what's the name?

Couldn’t find a signature on this one Jeff.  It might be Kwow by the style but I’m not sure.

Great fun to see Stripes Thai style, Mike!  I wonder what Thai audiences thought of this  quirky, funny movie? I bet there were some interesting translations. Okie

Okie I’ve always wondered how comedy did in Thailand. The translations are difficult with the language. Putting the Thai language into Google translate is a comedy fest in itself!

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 11:02:14 AM »
at the same time, I changed out a wall

Always wanted a STRANGERS ON A TRAIN poster. I like the Belgian version that I've seen as well. Nice display Rich.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
Couldn’t find a signature on this one Jeff.  It might be Kwow by the style but I’m not sure.

Hi Mike... what I thought was a signature was actually your watermark...

Thanks for checking, tho, too.

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »
Really dig the art! How long have you been searching for that particular poster?

Congratulations on the grab!

Thanks fella.

Without wishing to spam, I popped the 'story' up on this page of this thread.

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,405.1950.html

In short, was never in the 30 years of increasing collecting knowledge, aware of it until both the knowledge and the availability came along in the space of one convenient month.  All the detail in the link though.

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »
Got this nice exclusive given out to people in the industry at the Venice film festival screening.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:32:00 PM by gargoyle67 »

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
Got this nice exclusive given out to people in the industry at the Venice film festival screening.
Wow what an item to have for THE SHAPE OF WATER. Very nice!

Here's another recent acquire of Thai goodness from the 80's.

THE INCUBUS Thai Movie Poster
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 07:45:27 PM by mwright »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »

Bravo, bravo, gargoyle.

Great looking and unique piece to have!! clap clap

-Jeff

Offline movieposters

• Hobbyist
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 10:43:44 PM »
Hi all, long time...I promised '18 would be my year I'd start contributing, guess there's still some time to meet that goal. 

This is one of my first 'non-poster' items I purchased in a long time.  Obtained from Potter & Potter auction this past weekend.   One reason I liked this auction is descriptions for many items had history, this one came from Julian's auction in CA purchased in 2004.  Wish more of the auction houses would do this. 

Anyway, glad to jump back in with you all, for a small group, you all put together the best poster forum site out there.  Peace.

Stephen Ryan

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »
Always wanted a STRANGERS ON A TRAIN poster. I like the Belgian version that I've seen as well. Nice display Rich.

thanks Mike.

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »
Hi all, long time...I promised '18 would be my year I'd start contributing, guess there's still some time to meet that goal. 

This is one of my first 'non-poster' items I purchased in a long time.  Obtained from Potter & Potter auction this past weekend.   One reason I liked this auction is descriptions for many items had history, this one came from Julian's auction in CA purchased in 2004.  Wish more of the auction houses would do this. 

Anyway, glad to jump back in with you all, for a small group, you all put together the best poster forum site out there.  Peace.

What are the other printed items in this frame? Are they from magazines? The one looks like a still of some kind (the more full shark pic). I see the one that says its a 'prop tooth' from one of the camera used sharks. Just curious. Was there any documentation verifying that the tooth is actually what it says it is?

But all very cool in this framed archive.

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »
handbill, tooth, local cinema flyer

-------

Offline movieposters

• Hobbyist
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
Rich summed it up well...or better then I could until I receive the item...I decided to trust the purchase being it originated from Julian's and it's shown online from the auction in '04.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/428638_59-prop-shark-tooth-from-jaws

I remember a few of these going around during that time, unframed.   I'll reach out to Julian's once I receive the item to see if they can supply any addt'l info.  Don't know much about prop world but believe there's individuals out there who do research & certify these types of collectibles. 

What are the other printed items in this frame? Are they from magazines? The one looks like a still of some kind (the more full shark pic). I see the one that says its a 'prop tooth' from one of the camera used sharks. Just curious. Was there any documentation verifying that the tooth is actually what it says it is?

But all very cool in this framed archive.
Stephen Ryan

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 06:08:23 PM »
Just received my Revenge of the Creature Italian 2P from HA signature auction from this past weekend.  I love it, it looks great in person, great condition for such a large poster and the colors are really vibrant.  Definitely one of the better paper for this title.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »
Outstanding poster, Ben. clap clap

-Jeff