Author Topic: Poster City Going Out of Business  (Read 8372 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Poster City Going Out of Business
« on: March 31, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
As posted to MOPO earlier today by Poster City owner, Todd Feiertag:

After 55 years of collecting and 39 years of selling and after giving it much thought, I’ve decided to
finally close the doors on Poster City, the business I started in 1979.

Currently, I have about 270 items on ebay with about 60 more that I will be relisting tomorrow.

Check them out here:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/toddfeiertag/m.html?item=382400534852&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Any of the 60 items that will be relisted tomorrow can be seen here in my completed items:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/toddfeiertag/m.html?item=382419580732&hash=item5909fbb73c%3Ag%3AKlAAAOSwacVatyLP&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Any reasonable offers will be seriously considered.

DO NOT BID and DO NOT DO THE BUY IT NOW.

You will need to contact me directly at toddfeiertag@msn.com

Thank you.
Todd Feiertag

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Poster City Going Out of Business
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »
So it might be the last time that so many of those uber rare and outstanding UNI horror posters that he has..with titles like THE MUMMY, OLD DARK HOUSE, DRACULA and THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN teaser might be seen, if and when they ever might be sold or no longer listed and viewable.  :'(

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:52:28 PM »
Don’t know who they are, probably too expensive for me, but good luck with any future endeavors.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 08:57:13 PM »
So it might be the last time that so many of those uber rare and outstanding UNI horror posters that he has..with titles like THE MUMMY, OLD DARK HOUSE, DRACULA and THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN teaser might be seen, if and when they ever might be sold or no longer listed and viewable.  :'(

Will miss Todd's online eBay gallery.  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 09:12:37 PM »
Will miss Todd's online eBay gallery.  Okie

You know it, okie.

The only piece of his I got to see in person, was several years ago, here at the Bonhams/TCM pre-auction exhibit.

Todd's US OS for Mark of the Vampire (1935) was on up display.  thumbsup.gif  notworthy.gif

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 11:02:27 PM »
You know it, okie.

The only piece of his I got to see in person, was several years ago, here at the Bonhams/TCM pre-auction exhibit.

Todd's US OS for Mark of the Vampire (1935) was on up display.  thumbsup.gif  notworthy.gif

Does a pic of this one exist?  I thought the daybill was the "largest" format that had been found...
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 11:06:33 PM »
Does a pic of this one exist?  I thought the daybill was the "largest" format that had been found...

Yes... I took a pic of it when i was at Bonhams. I'll find it and upload it.

here's a link showing it...a repro image for a dvd... but a good representation of the OS.

https://www.elvisdvdcollector.com/products/mark-of-the-vampire-1935-bela-lugosi-colorized-dvd

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:11:12 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 11:19:34 PM »
Yes... I took a pic of it when i was at Bonhams. I'll find it and upload it.

here's a link showing it...a repro image for a dvd... but a good representation of the OS.

https://www.elvisdvdcollector.com/products/mark-of-the-vampire-1935-bela-lugosi-colorized-dvd

Hmmm I always thought that image was taken from the pressbook - looking forward to your pic!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:03 PM »
Another image I found online Chris. Will find my pic, too.

Todd's poster was just tacked to the wall, by the linen. But it also had a clear mylar or clear plastic over it, so trying to get a shot with no reflective glare made for not the best image, from what I recall, too.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:06:05 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »
Chris, I found the couple pix I took back in 2014 of Todd's MARK OF THE VAMPIRE OS. Not the best, as the poster was inside a clear, plastic layer or cover of some kind, causing it to have a super shiny surface.

No matter what I angle I tried to shoot, I got background reflection from lights in other parts of the room.

The poster had a good bit of retouching and some restoration done to it, too, as it wasn't in the best condition when Todd first got it, either.

Interesting to see how Lugosi gets 3rd billing, after Elizabeth Allen, too.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:10:51 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 01:30:17 PM »
Awesome Jeff thanks.  Despite the extensive restoration looks much better than the other images floating around
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
Sure thing, Chris.

I also posted it down in what is primarily a UNI horror thread in the genres section. An MGM flicker it is... but I think the poster will feel at home & comfortable there, too.

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 11:42:54 PM »
Feiertag was playing an April Fools joke....  ;D

his latest to MOPO:

Dear MoPo members,

You know what today is??  Yes, it's April 1st, also known as April Fool's Day!!

Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes but unfortunately, I'm not retiring and I'm not going out of business.
I still have way to much stuff to sell.

But the sale is real and is still in effect and any reasonable offers will be seriously considered.

Currently, I have 330 items on ebay and will be listing more.

Check them out here:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/toddfeiertag/m.html?item=382400534852&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

DO NOT BID and DO NOT DO THE BUY IT NOW.

If interested in anything, please contact me directly at toddfeiertag@msn.com

Thank you.
Todd Feiertag

-Jeff