Author Topic: poster wanted : Call Me By Your Name  (Read 5225 times)

Offline oliverandelio

• Beginner
poster wanted : Call Me By Your Name
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
Hi!

I'm looking for a Call Me By Your Name poster. If you have one or have tracked one down, please let me know!

Thank you!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: poster wanted : Call Me By Your Name
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
You should be able to find a SS version on EBay.  I’ve seen a few.  DS are very hard to find.  Don’t know why.  I got one a while back (so they do exist) and have been sporadically looking for a 2nd one without success.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline oliverandelio

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:45:29 AM »
You should be able to find a SS version on EBay.  I’ve seen a few.  DS are very hard to find.  Don’t know why.  I got one a while back (so they do exist) and have been sporadically looking for a 2nd one without success.

T

Thank you, eatbrie!

If you have a second, do you think you could see if you think this listing might be real?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CALL-ME-BY-YOUR-NAME-orig-17-OS-movie-poster-27x40-AUTHENTIC-one-sheet/253512733792

Still trying to figure this all out, and see that this one only shows a stock photo. The seller sold another one of these with the exact same listing (including the description of the condition of the poster-- creased near the bottom) a week ago, which makes me suspicious. I messaged them and asked if they had a real photo and received no response...

Willing to pay for this poster, but don't want it to be a fake  :-\

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 12:48:58 AM »
Good luck on this OA.

And your questions and concerns are in part due to the seller using a stock photo, rather than a pic of the actual poster he's selling.

This was discussed just a little while ago in another thread, about how stock images can raise doubt, since what you're seeing online isnt the actual poster you will be receiving, let alone buying.

-Jeff

Offline oliverandelio

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 12:51:26 AM »
Good luck on this OA.

And your questions and concerns are in part due to the seller using a stock photo, rather than a pic of the actual poster he's selling.

This was discussed just a little while ago in another thread, about how stock images can raise doubt, since what you're seeing online isnt the actual poster you will be receiving, let alone buying.

Thank you, erik1925! Appreciate the insight!  :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 12:53:51 AM »
Also look at his feedback. That can also help to show what kind of material he's selling. Are previous buyers happy? Any feedback about posters not being legit? Those kinds of things, too.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 01:35:20 AM »
Thank you, eatbrie!

If you have a second, do you think you could see if you think this listing might be real?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CALL-ME-BY-YOUR-NAME-orig-17-OS-movie-poster-27x40-AUTHENTIC-one-sheet/253512733792

Still trying to figure this all out, and see that this one only shows a stock photo. The seller sold another one of these with the exact same listing (including the description of the condition of the poster-- creased near the bottom) a week ago, which makes me suspicious. I messaged them and asked if they had a real photo and received no response...

Willing to pay for this poster, but don't want it to be a fake  :-\

Don't know, but I wouldn't bid.  First of all, the price is obnoxious.  $190, really?  Also, when you sell a 4 months old poster at that price, the least you can do is to take a picture of your poster.  I say wait for a better opportunity.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »
This title was release by Sony Pictures Classics.  in general, they ship to play date only theaters and will tend not to send stuff out "just because" like most of the other companies will. There used to be an independent poster distributor still alive and kicking about 10 years or so ago (maybe a bit longer now) , back then SPC could still be had fairly easily, but these days, it is a tough studio to get posters on.   

Offline oliverandelio

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 01:07:16 PM »
erik1925, eatbrie, ddilts399 -- y'all are awesome!
Thanks, this type of information and hearing thoughts from the experts is super helpful! Appreciate all the tips! I think I almost let my want for the poster cloud my judgment... and I agree with what you've (eatbrie) said-- it does seem obnoxious and disappointing to not even provide a picture. I'm going to pass on this and will keep looking! Thanks, again! :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Don't know, but I wouldn't bid.  First of all, the price is obnoxious.  $190, really?  Also, when you sell a 4 months old poster at that price, the least you can do is to take a picture of your poster.  I say wait for a better opportunity.

T

thumbsup.gif

The seller wants the $$$ for this poster but cant take a bit of time to snap a nice pic himself.    PASS!

-Jeff