Author Topic: March 2018  (Read 16648 times)

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
Re: March 2018
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:44 AM »
You are right. They are pretty much the same.
Thanks for the info on the updated, Japanese title,, too. Does the revised title translate to basically the same as the original?
Chengbo

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the info on the updated, Japanese title,, too. Does the revised title translate to basically the same as the original?
From what I could find, the original title was シンデレラ姫, which if you read it literally means "Cinderella Princess".  According to Wikipedia, this title was used from the original release in 1952 until a 1974 re-release.  After that, the title changed to シンデレラ.

This poster is advertising the Japanese dubbed version (日本語版) which was released in 1961 and distributed by 日本RKO.
Subsequent re-releases were distributed by Buena Vista or Toho.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
From what I could find, the original title was シンデレラ姫, which if you read it literally means "Cinderella Princess".  According to Wikipedia, this title was used from the original release in 1952 until a 1974 re-release.  After that, the title changed to シンデレラ.

This poster is advertising the Japanese dubbed version (日本語版) which was released in 1961 and distributed by 日本RKO.
Subsequent re-releases were distributed by Buena Vista or Toho.

Awesome, Devin!

Thanks again.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
Wow, I did not realize that even when I bought it. Thanks for the information Devin!
Awesome, Devin!

Thanks again.  thumbsup.gif
Chengbo

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2018, 02:24:23 PM »

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this 9-panel monster!  I think the only reason it's still around is because it was used indoors instead of being wheat pasted up on the side of building.  The top sections were all taped up, but the bottom 3 panels were totally unused. 

That's a 6' ruler by the way!  :o

WOW!

Just WOW!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2018, 05:41:43 PM »
Finally...Dolby one sheet

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »
Nice one, Jason! Congrats! If you grabbed that today, I think you beat me to it by 10 mins or so ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »
I have a bus shelter with this design.  Didn't know there was a OS.  Frack, now I have to find that too.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2018, 07:39:18 PM »
Not posted anything since Feb so here are a few recent quads acquired, nothing amazing apart from this first one which Mike posted earlier this month which I also scored as seller had a few copies - was lucky enough to get one though cost me more so I am reposting it. But I also really like the others too. Gonna post the new quads in another thread now.

Man in the White Suit  (stock photo as not had time to take photo yet - hope its allowed to post stock photos - 80's re-apparently direct from Studio Canal! Even came with the same standard letter letter of provinence that mike received.

Got a couple of older ones that I picked up last week,
First up Montegero

Cat from Outa Space (Disney late 70s)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence

Eyes Without a Face

Good Morning Babylon

The Harder They Come

L'Atalante

The Piano (1993)

And a coupe of rerelease quads from 2017 (they have probably been posted before but not from my collection.

Taxi driver (Park Circus 2017)

and The Shining (Park Circus 2017 - incidentally BFI used exactly the same image poster.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:52:15 PM by poster art »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 07:45:29 PM »
Hi Poster Art, I really like the designs on Mr. Lawrence and The Harder They ComeMontenegro made the pecan trees pop out their leaves several days early this spring.  Okie

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »
Hi Poster Art, I really like the designs on Mr. Lawrence and The Harder They ComeMontenegro made the pecan trees pop out their leaves several days early this spring.  Okie

Thanks - just added a couple more to that thread too.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »
Now for some new UK Quads acquired in the last couple of weeks - Yeah I know we are now in April but scored these in March so adding to March before someone starts the April thread.

Truth of Dare

My Life as a Courgette (sorry if this was posted by someone else earlier this year).

Venom - this is the embossed quad, very nice quality - wish the design had have been better though.

Three Billboards (V1)

My Generation

Gringo

Lady Bird (V1)

Mamma Mia (Here We Go Again)

Best (signed by director)

The Chinese Detective (Hong Kong film on UK Release)

Attraction (Polish Sci Fi film on UK release)

Bombshell - the Hedy Lamaar Story

The Final Year

I Tonyah

Journey's End

Loveless

Proud Mary

Suggs - My Life Story

Solo (1 of 4 1 sheets)

Solo (2 of 4 1 sheets)

Also got a 3rd one but not taken out of tube yet to photograph.

Finally, here is a couple of close up of the embossment on the Venom Quad.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:29:23 PM by poster art »

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
Last one from my from March purchases - prize one this. the recent 90th Anniversary Metropolis poster produced by Eureka Entertainment for their 2017 rerelease of Metropolis last year.

https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/news/metropolis-back-cinemas-uk-ireland-celebration-films-90th-anniversary-year
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:41:42 PM by poster art »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »
Last one from my from March purchases - prize one this. the recent 90th Anniversary Metropolis poster produced by Eureka Entertainment for their 2017 rerelease of Metropolis last year.

https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/news/metropolis-back-cinemas-uk-ireland-celebration-films-90th-anniversary-year

Great looking poster there.  cheers

Love it.

-Jeff