Author Topic: September 2017  (Read 8245 times)

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
September 2017
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:23:39 AM »
Hi all!

In a rare turn of events, I've managed to pick up this from Brandon on the tv show storage wars. The poster is from the National Recovery Agency (NRA in 30's not the same national rifle association), they sometimes come up for auction every now and again but I've not seen the red one like this for quite a while. It was valued on the show for $2500 and he offered it to me directly on Twitter for $2000 but I declined. Eventually he listed it on eBay and I managed to snag it for $100.

It will be going in an expensive frame and will be well looked after, though its bound for the UK at the moment! ;-)

Duck you sucker!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: September 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
From the show's appraised value of $2500, down to $100 on ebay.

WOW -- That's quite the price reduction.

Congrats on holding out and then winning it. The colors look vivid and unfaded, too.

Is there any printer's info on any of the borders? I dont see anything in your pix.

And what size is this poster?

clap clap
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:55:43 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:14:54 PM »

Cheers dude, I'll take a look when it arrives. It's at my Uncles house right now, should be dispatched to me today or tomorrow.

I think was just lucky, I've seen similar NRA flags, posters and other things selling from $15 up to $1500, but I don't think many people noticed.

He was selling other goods valued on the show, sports Jerseys, rare nintendo toys and some other weird things.

Size is: 22"W by 28"T
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:18:32 PM by shadytrade »
Duck you sucker!

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:40:18 PM »
From the show's appraised value of $2500, down to $100 on ebay.

WOW -- That's quite the price reduction.

Congrats on holding out and then winning it. The colors look vivid and unfaded, too.

Is there any printer's info on any of the borders? I dont see anything in your pix.

And what size is this poster?

clap clap

I was supposed to reply to this sooner, the poster turned out to have been restored and linen backed. It has some slight marks from restoration but it is not noticeable close up.

I've reframed it now and I'm very happy. Unfortunately due to the linen backing, I can't find any makers mark.

Duck you sucker!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:52:17 PM »
Have you tried shining a strong light through the back of the poster?  Sometimes things written on the back show through on the front.