Author Topic: Italian New Member: hi !  (Read 5637 times)

Offline ItalianBogart

• Beginner
Italian New Member: hi !
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »
Hi everybody, Paolo Zelati from Italy here.
I'm a journalist and a movie critic and I've been collecting movie posters pretty much all my life...and now I have one of the largest (could I dare to say the largest???) Italian posters collection around. I have the whole Italian Gothic Horror period, American Science-fiction(I just miss a couple of titles...) and, most of all, Film Noir: almost 600 4foglios, 2foglios and 1foglios...I only miss 4 "big" titles in the Genre.
In the last 2 years I've been working on a huge(crazy) project: the history of Exploitation Cinema through Italian posters. Naziexploitation, Erotic / Cult Horror, Italian Giallo,Violence, Nuns, lolitas, Mondo Movies, Martial Arts...etc. Every sub-genre will have its own book(s)....my collection for this insane project counts more than 7000 pieces....working very hard on it and I hope I will have some good news pretty soon!
I am also a dealer (I always have very nice pieces for sale 40's-80's) and I'm always interested in good Italian pieces to buy...so, feel free to contact me.
Well, I think it's all for now.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Italian New Member: hi !
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:37:31 PM »
  welcome1 to the forum, Paolo.

Sounds like an amazing and large collection! We look forward to seeing any of your collection that you might want to share, too!

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »
Welcome Paolo!  I can't wait to see some of your posters, your collection sounds really interesting.  I love Italian posters, especially from the 3 genres you mentioned (film noir, horror and sci-fi).  And your book project on exploitation cinema through Italian posters sounds fascinating, so I really hope this will come through.

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
Welcome Paolo!  I can't wait to see some of your posters, your collection sounds really interesting.  I love Italian posters, especially from the 3 genres you mentioned (film noir, horror and sci-fi).  And your book project on exploitation cinema through Italian posters sounds fascinating, so I really hope this will come through.

Ciao Paolo!
I was pretty much going to say the same thing as Antoine's quote lol. Soooo, what he said. Welcome!
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 06:52:40 PM »
Welcome Paolo! I'm really looking forward to seeing your poster collection as well   Okie

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:06:13 PM »
Welcome Paolo!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »
hay Paolo. I hope you're well buddy. About time you joined up.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 02:00:20 AM »
Zowie! Welcome aboard. I can't wait to see your collection.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline alvin68

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »
I have the whole Italian Gothic Horror period, American Science-fiction(I just miss a couple of titles...) and, most of all, Film Noir: almost 600 4foglios, 2foglios and 1foglios...I only miss 4 "big" titles in the Genre.

Fantastico!
Complimenti, Paolo, ti invidio molto.

Inoltre, se ho capito bene, sei uno studioso del cinema italiano di genere, il che significa che praticamente siamo sulla stessa lunghezza d'onda per tutto.  ;D

"It's the most horrible thing I've ever seen in my life!"