Author Topic: Collecting with friends  (Read 16390 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Collecting with friends
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 10:18:49 PM »
And Okie, remember when I asked if there were other styles done, in additional to the poster you have?

I was mistakenly thinking of this 1890 theater poster for Hyde, which I'm guessing was from a different production altogether.

Hi Jeff, Yep, that's the same one as in the Wikipedia link.  It's cool and rare as well.  Though,  the in-your-face, completely crazed, full color Hyde punching the match girl must have been a much more shocking to see poster on the street in the late 1800s, I would think.  I was shocked when I first saw it.  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:54 PM »
I agree with you, Okie. And the full color litho is also a huge plus, too.

Do you know if your poster and the one above were both used to advertise the same production?

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 10:45:42 PM »
I agree with you, Okie. And the full color litho is also a huge plus, too.

Do you know if your poster and the one above were both used to advertise the same production?
Different cities, I think, Jeff.  Possibly both starring the actor Richard Mansfield.  Okie

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »

A bit late to the game, but Gorgeous Hyde there Okie!

I'd love to see  the 'before' photo previous to Mario working his magic on it if you have a shot of it on hand?

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 11:35:00 PM »
A bit late to the game, but Gorgeous Hyde there Okie!

I'd love to see  the 'before' photo previous to Mario working his magic on it if you have a shot of it on hand?

Sure, Chris.  Here's before Mario's fantastic restoration work.  Okie

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »

Hey thanks, Okie.

What a bang up job by Mario. I've had one piece worked on by him, and was extremely pleased as well.

What part of the south east U.S. are you from? I'm right outside of Richmond...believe there are a few of us from that part of the world. Matt's in S.C. I believe.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 11:11:22 PM »
Hey thanks, Okie.

What a bang up job by Mario. I've had one piece worked on by him, and was extremely pleased as well.

What part of the south east U.S. are you from? I'm right outside of Richmond...believe there are a few of us from that part of the world. Matt's in S.C. I believe.
Hi Chris, I'm on the Gulf Coast about an hour from New Orleans.  I do make it back to Oklahoma and Kansas about once a year. I'll give you heads up if I'm out your way.  Okie

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »
Hi Chris, I'm on the Gulf Coast about an hour from New Orleans.  I do make it back to Oklahoma and Kansas about once a year. I'll give you heads up if I'm out your way.  Okie

Great Frankie!  BTW, look me up if you ever have time in the OKC area.  I'm in Edmond.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »
Hi Kovacs01,  Do you attend OAFCON in Norman in October?  It's great, and I'll have a table for display there.  I'm Edmond Memorial High School grad 1984. Okie

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:34 PM »
Hi Kovacs01,  Do you attend OAFCON in Norman in October?  It's great, and I'll have a table for display there.  I'm Edmond Memorial High School grad 1984. Okie

When is this?  I remember wanting to go last year, but there was some reason I couldn't.  If I am not working, I will plan to attend.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »
When is this?  I remember wanting to go last year, but there was some reason I couldn't.  If I am not working, I will plan to attend.

Hi Kovacs01,  OAFCON is October 7 & 8 in Norman, OK.  Here's the blog for it:  http://oafcon2018.blogspot.com/?m=1
Let me know in a PM if you are for sure going.

Okie

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2018, 02:06:15 AM »
Cool!  I think yes, but I will let you know when I know for sure one way or the other.  Is anyone else from the forum going to be there?
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2018, 07:55:43 PM »
Cool!  I think yes, but I will let you know when I know for sure one way or the other.  Is anyone else from the forum going to be there?

Richie said he was going on an earlier post.  Many older collectors with amazing ephemera, including movie paper attend.  Okie

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
Richie said he was going on an earlier post.  Many older collectors with amazing ephemera, including movie paper attend.  Okie

I plan on being there tomorrow morning sometime.........around 1030 or 11 maybe :-)
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
If you guys ever start a love affair, I want first dibs on being godfather to your unborn child.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »
A great collector friend of mine found this beautiful condition One Million B.C. herald, and sold it to me last weekend at OAFCON.  I really like the Sinclair oil company advertising talking about prehistoric animals and oil mellowing.  Great advertising nexus, eh?  This herald is a welcome cousin to the one sheet included here as well.  Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
My friend, Charlie, and I both loved the original 1936 The Walking Dead starring Boris Karloff.  We both wanted this lobby card, and I'm sure glad Charlie ultimately decided to chase some other nice paper that day! I'm going with the movie was initially released on Leap Day (pretty cool) February 29, 1936, by Warner Brothers (sources list Febuary 29, March 1, and March 14).  It looks like reviews started showing up in early March 1936.  Happy Halloween & Samhain (my Celtic brothers and sisters!).  Okie

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 04:15:25 PM »
I plan on being there tomorrow morning sometime.........around 1030 or 11 maybe :-)

it was good to see you there. too bad you couldn't stay long. I have your son had fun

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 09:07:01 AM »
I have your son had fun

Give the man back his son

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »
My friend, Charlie, and I both loved the original 1936 The Walking Dead starring Boris Karloff.  We both wanted this lobby card, and I'm sure glad Charlie ultimately decided to chase some other nice paper that day! I'm going with the movie was initially released on Leap Day (pretty cool) February 29, 1936, by Warner Brothers (sources list Febuary 29, March 1, and March 14).  It looks like reviews started showing up in early March 1936.  Happy Halloween & Samhain (my Celtic brothers and sisters!).  Okie

Great card and great flick! I had the pleasure of seeing the original one sheet in Kirk Hammett’s show up in Boston. It’s a sight to behold!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 02:45:38 AM »
Today is my one year anniversary of being a member of APF!  I've really enjoyed all the goodies and insights fellow members have shared.   Here's to many more fun years together!    Okie

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 04:39:16 AM »
Today is my one year anniversary of being a member of APF!  I've really enjoyed all the goodies and insights fellow members have shared.   Here's to many more fun years together!    Okie

just a year?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
just a year?

Hi Richie, It just seems sooo much longer because this is my only social media activity; I type too many posts; use only one finger to type; and, my glasses are on the end of my nose!  See you in October again?   I hope so.  Okie

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 05:19:24 PM »
Zowie! Nice score on the ONE MILLION BC goodies! AWESOME!!!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 08:59:27 PM »
Zowie! Nice score on the ONE MILLION BC goodies! AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Monster!  I just love the nice condition and bright colors!  Okie