Author Topic: Emovieposter sells a single poster for the most money EVER.  (Read 10285 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Emovieposter sells a single poster for the most money EVER.
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »
My wife would probably rate our lovemaking as "fair to good" too

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
My wife would probably rate our lovemaking as "fair to good" too

That's great news, you haven't turned her to liking women instead yet

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 10:50:04 PM »
Great poster T.  Condition so-so.. You may need to upgrade.

Shhhhh...  I may linenback it, but don't tell anyone.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 06:21:05 AM »
Shhhhh...  I may linenback it, but don't tell anyone.

T

This is one of the difficulties of grading unrestored posters. There are ones in "fair to good" that can be restored and look quite nice afterwards (and without "dipping it in paint") and then there are others whose defects are so severe that the only way to make them presentable is to airbrush over huge sections of the poster.

T rightfully recognized that this is one of the former situations.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Another Emovieposter auction selling a single poster for the most money EVER.
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »
I wonder how long this new record will hold? And on a 1983 poster!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Was it me again  ;D

I bid on that Wargames poster.  $130, I think.  No idea why.  Love the movie, though.  One of my 80s favs. 

I wasn't paying attention, I guess.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
Was it me again  ;D

I bid on that Wargames poster.  $130, I think.  No idea why.  Love the movie, though.  One of my 80s favs. 

I wasn't paying attention, I guess.

T

Right poster, but you were outbid! You bid $125 and the other guy outbid you.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »
Oh, well, that's good.  I don't want to own the most expensive poster EVER EVERY WEEK :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »
Oh, well, that's good.  I don't want to own the most expensive poster EVER EVERY WEEK :)

T

You don't have to worry about that! We have some fanatical bidders who simply MUST have items they bid on, and often they act like price is no object.

And it is not "the most expensive posters" that jump out at me after another 999 auctions end. It is the poster that is not particularly rare, and yet it still goes for WAY more than it has previously gone for. In this case WARGAMES at $130 jumped out at me.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
You don't have to worry about that! We have some fanatical bidders who simply MUST have items they bid on, and often they act like price is no object.

And it is not "the most expensive posters" that jump out at me after another 999 auctions end. It is the poster that is not particularly rare, and yet it still goes for WAY more than it has previously gone for. In this case WARGAMES at $130 jumped out at me.

So you would say that High Society is not particularly rare, which is why it jumped at you?
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 08:53:23 PM »
So you would say that High Society is not particularly rare, which is why it jumped at you?

THIS week, it was the high price on a relatively common poster!

LAST week, it was a very high price on a poster in MUCH lesser condition.

Next week, it might be something else entirely!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 09:18:02 PM »
Ill try to surprise you.
My Personal Collection

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
Are you having your poster worked on by Poster Conservation Inc? It just showed up on their Instagram feed today.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
Bruce made such a big deal about this poster... ;)

And for once, I disagree with him.  A MUCH LESSER CONDITION poster???

I was going to linenback it, but I think not.  It's totally fine as is.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »
Looks awesome as is, T.

Beautious!

-Jeff

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
Great looking poster---gratz!
-Brian

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 01:49:28 AM »
I like Bruce's grading and that is a super poster, T!  Okie