Author Topic: Joined Today!  (Read 10752 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Joined Today!
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
Hi! to all,

First of all, a quick thank you! to Jeff for getting me registered on these forums thumbsup.gif

This is just the sort of forum I've been looking for, I've been collecting posters (when I can afford it) for a year or two now and find that I'm learning all the time in regard to which ones to buy and which ones to avoid, I feel I've bought a couple of good posters, but, also feel I've overpaid for one or two, my current collection is very small (less than 10 :-[) but, I'm hoping to gradually grow my collection overtime.

My favourite poster that I own right now has to be my UK quad for cult classic "Big Trouble In Little China" I love the Bysouth artwork on this one and it just happens to be the best poster I own for overall condition, I was delighted and very lucky to find it rolled.

John

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Joined Today!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »
 welcome1, John, and Im glad the registration went smoothly.

Glad to have you and please enjoy the forum and all the good people here to the fullest. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that it will be gerat to see any parts of your collection, whenever you might want to post some images.

In the meantime, have fun and enjoy the poster party here!  :D

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
Thank you! for the welcome Jeff, much appreciated :)

Assuming the picture/attachment works ok, then this is currently the most expensive poster I own in pretty nice overall condition for it's age, I'm a long time fan of the Carry On films and this poster is for one of if not my favourite films of the whole series.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Love the imagery and vivid colors on that, John.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »
Yes, I agree Jeff, it was one of my most wanted posters when I started collecting, I spent more money on this one than I ever dreamed I would on any poster, but, I feel it was worth it.

I've attached another one from my collection, another great! Carry On film, this is a UK one sheet poster, it's also by the same artist Tom Chantrell.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
Welcome John!  We are glad to have you and I am delighted you are showing off your collection already. CARRY ON SCREAMING sounds like it is right up my alley (Love HORROR and schlock!). You've already met Jeff. Jeff is like the ...I don't know, the one-man wonder of the forum...he is marvelous when it comes to welcoming in folks, pointing them in the right direction when they have questions and is just a fount of knowledge. He also has a nice collection himself. Glad he helped get you signed up okay. The main thing is that you are HERE and now one of us. Welcome, explore, ask questions, share and ENJOY YOURSELF!  Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »
Thanks! GoGo, appreciate that :)

Glad you like the posters I've shown.

Here you go, especially for you here's one more, another UK one sheet for another Carry On again by Tom Chantrell.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »
Love the Carry on Screaming poster. Congrats on owning it.

Enjoy the forums, you'll get some great help from the guys on here.

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
Love the Carry on Screaming poster. Congrats on owning it.

Enjoy the forums, you'll get some great help from the guys on here.

Marc

Cheers! Marc :) The most I've ever spent on any poster was for this Carry On Screaming quad, so it's nice to hear that other people like yourself also like it, when I started collecting posters over the last year or two it was the one I really wanted to get hold of.

guest4920

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
Dang John,

I've been looking for one of those "Carry on Screaming" posters for awhile myself.

I'm sure "Monster_A_GoGo" and I would be bidding against each other if a one sheet for that ever showed up.  laugh1

I've never even seen the other "Carry On" posters, but with being such a big fan of Hammer films, I did know about the "Carry on Screaming" one. The images you've posted look great!

Great to have you as a member! And quit buying my posters!  laugh1  laugh1

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »
Dang John,

I've been looking for one of those "Carry on Screaming" posters for awhile myself.

I'm sure "Monster_A_GoGo" and I would be bidding against each other if a one sheet for that ever showed up.  laugh1

I've never even seen the other "Carry On" posters, but with being such a big fan of Hammer films, I did know about the "Carry On Screaming" one. The images you've posted look great!

Great to have you as a member! And quit buying my posters!  laugh1  laugh1

Wow, lots of people on these forums seem to really like my Carry on Screaming quad, really pleased it's so popular, nice of you to say my other posters look great! as well :)

I'll do my very best from now on not to buy the posters your after ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:30:35 PM by Test1 »

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
Just thought I'd drop by, been awhile....

Just to let you all know to those of you that are interested I'm still around, but, as you can probably guess after spending lots of money in a short space of time things have gone rather quiet on the poster front for me, apart from money there's not really anything major I'm looking out for at the moment anyway as I'm pretty content with what I already own right now.

Anyway just a quick update from my end, hope your all well and doing ok on these forums, see you around.

All the best

John 8)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »
Glad you are still out there. You are always welcome here. You are a part of APF now. Come and go-go as you please.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
Love all your Carry On posters shown. The more sexy the better lol

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 02:35:40 AM »
Glad you are still out there. You are always welcome here. You are a part of APF now. Come and go-go as you please.

CHEERS!

Hey! GoGo,

Nice to hear from you mate & thanks! for the kind words, much appreciated :)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 02:37:47 AM »
Love all your Carry On posters shown. The more sexy the better lol

Glad you like my "Carry On" collection, these Carry On posters are very much what got me interested in movie posters in the first place. thumbsup.gif

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
Just thought I'd quickly drop by, hope everyone on these forums has a good Christmas, all the best :)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
those Carry On posters for all the titles are generally pretty cool. I'd like to see them side by side with each title vs the USA poster

the Carry On Spying posters I have listed on my site (both USA & UK) show the variance on that title (UK poster wins), but there are others - like Carry On Doctor - that I'd like to see the UK poster

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------