Author Topic: Awards Season  (Read 18330 times)

guest4955

Re: Awards Season
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »
Wonder which movie my 3yo nephew - clutching a "Car" in his left hand at the NASCAR Hall of Fame - would nominate?

Nope, as the writer notes, the timing is off bc it was released in early summer and memories have faded but maybe the #metoo tsunami wave will do the trick:

guest4955

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 07:05:43 PM »
Since I collect posters of Academy Awards nominated movies, I like to make sure that I have all posters before the nominations are announced, because some of them can be difficult to find afterwards.

Here's what I have so far...  More are on their way, but I'll add shortly.

T
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:43:05 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
Grief, there must be a constant flow of tubes to your house.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
That's not the point.  The point is to show posters from potential best picture nominees.  There are more posters for each movie which I will get depending on the nominations, but this is what I have right now.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »
80% chance....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
I fear Three Billboards is going to win.  Didn’t like it, too depressing and McDormand’s character was just bat shit crazy.  I didn’t buy it, but I’m in a strong minority.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »
The Razzies!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/razzie-awards-transformers-fifty-shades-darker-mummy-top-nominations-1076009

Coolest thing ever wasHalle Berry showing up to the ceremony to accept her Razzie for Catwoman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7s_yeQuDg

guest4955

guest4955

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »

I met an attorney in DC who bragged that he used to be a high-faluttin art dealer in NYC, supposedly SS's personal dealer, just ripped into him, "most boring person I've ever met, atrocious taste in art." I quickly excused myself, thinking "this guy's a name-dropping [bleep] of the highest order." Guess I was right, based on above article.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »
For single sided posters???

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »
Let alone for a rather uninteresting photographic poster like that? I don't get it either.

Amazing what people will pay, that's for sure.  faint2.gif

-Jeff

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »
I think that's more of a case of people buying for the film not for the poster art maybe? (I didn't even like the film, but whateves.)

guest4955

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »