Author Topic: James Bond items for sale on eBay - inc Diamonds Are Forever Premiere Brochure  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
All,

Under my simonfirth eBay ID, I am selling the following.  Some are on .co.uk, others on .com.  The below link is for .co.uk

Please shout for any questions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/simonfirth/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Diamonds Are Forever Gala Brochure
I am figuring this is a holy grail of Bond Premiere Brochures.  While not a London premiere, it was the Only UK premiere for what I can only assume was a smaller venue than what was afforded in London.
The brochure is in essentially mint condition, a superb example from 14th January 1972.  No tears, missing pages, stains, creases, fading.  All corners are crisp.

Diamonds Are Forever UK Campaign Book
Superb condition.  Not folded. No cuts or missing pages.  10 pages.

Diamonds Are Forever UK Synopsis
Superb condition. No folds or staining.  All good.

Diamonds Are Forever US PressBook
Superb condition.  Not folded. No cuts or missing pages.  8 pages.

Man Golden Gun UK Campaign Book
Superb condition.  Not folded. No cuts or missing pages.  16 pages.

Man Golden Gun UK Synopsis
Superb condition. No folds or staining.  All good.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
These auctions will complete in the next 20 hours or so.

The DAF brochure is up to £800...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
So everything sold ok.  But, while the Diamonds brochure went for the perfectly healthy £900, this price was only realised by two dudes duking it out a couple of days before the end.

I had 28 watchers and I work on a general rule of thumb that 1/3 of watchers may actually bid.  No one did!  Not sure if the sum prior to the end of the auction had already by then bypassed everyone else's budget but the way things were going, I figured it might have squeaked over the £1k mark.

What are others' experiences of watcher to bidder ratios?