Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049  (Read 13493 times)

guest4955

Blade Runner 2049
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:18:33 AM »
Really looking forward to this one!

Trailers are here:

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/blade-runner-2049/

The first posters are awesome:

guest4955

Re: Blade Runner 2049
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:28:47 AM »
Back in the day I was enamored with the original.

I read this book 2-3 times:

In 1992, Ford revealed, "Blade Runner is not one of my favorite films. I tangled with Ridley." Apart from friction with the director, Ford also disliked the voiceovers: "When we started shooting it had been tacitly agreed that the version of the film that we had agreed upon was the version without voiceover narration. It was a f**king [sic] nightmare. I thought that the film had worked without the narration. But now I was stuck re-creating that narration. And I was obliged to do the voiceovers for people that did not represent the director's interests." "I went kicking and screaming to the studio to record it."The narration monologues were written by an uncredited Roland Kibbee.

One thing I did not like was the graphic violence, hopefully the new one will be more sci-fi.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:54:35 AM »

In 1992, Ford revealed, "Blade Runner is not one of my favorite films. I tangled with Ridley." Apart from friction with the director, ..........

Clearly they both don't carry over grudges then...

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:27 AM »
Ford also said he would new do another Star Wars - amazing what a big fat payday will do.

Do like those teasers!!!!
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
One thing I did not like was the graphic violence, hopefully the new one will be more sci-fi.

Odd, but I've never heard anyone refer to Blade Runner as "graphically violent."

It's my favorite movie.

guest4955

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
Odd, but I've never heard anyone refer to Blade Runner as "graphically violent."

The scene where the replicant squeezes out the eyes of his creator was the grossest thing I've ever seen, walked out of the theater. Nobody post pics please  :o

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:13:22 PM »
I don't understand why this film has such an awful poster campaign. Considering the pedigree of the original you'd think they'd at least put a tiny bit of effort into it.

I always wondered how much input the creatives making the film have in the marketing, on this evidence I'm guessing none.

As a side note, this isn't lamenting the passing of illustrative art on posters. That has never bothered me, but these do seem incredibly lazy and disappointing considering the quality of the original.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:42:50 PM »
I don't understand why this film has such an awful poster campaign. Considering the pedigree of the original you'd think they'd at least put a tiny bit of effort into it.

I always wondered how much input the creatives making the film have in the marketing, on this evidence I'm guessing none.

As a side note, this isn't lamenting the passing of illustrative art on posters. That has never bothered me, but these do seem incredibly lazy and disappointing considering the quality of the original.

A good number (if not the majority) have been lazily executed or put together on a computer. The one poster with Ford standing in front of what is supposed to be a damaged head of a statue looks like a drawing and nothing even close to an actual statue that might have existed. It lacks depth, detail and even proper shadowing and texture. Quickly churned out, methinks.

-Jeff

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »

Agree with your second point, although I quite like the pair of advance posters (just the final that is lazy).

Regarding the first point, I suppose it depends on the creatives...Del Toro seems to have been involved in The Shape of Water for example (I think he commissioned James Jean to paint this image and it seems to have been picked up as the one sheet hopefully). But yeah, I suspect most don't bother!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:33:39 PM by Tob »

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »
That's a great image Tob. I'm not just talking about the final Blade Runner poster, but also the character posters and International campaign. Quickly churned out indeed!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
Watched it last night in 4k.

Enjoyed it.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »
I enjoyed the movie as well.  Without giving anything away, I was surprised how things turned out in the end.

guest4955

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 09:07:51 PM »
2018 v. 2049  8)