Author Topic: Sue Heim selling her MP collection  (Read 7869 times)

guest4955

Sue Heim selling her MP collection
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
Sue Heim (hollywoodposterframes.com) is selling her huge inventory of original movie posters back to the silent movies up to about the late 80's, a collection acquired over 45+ years. She is readying them now for the new website, but send her a want list if you pre-website prices. (I requested a few myself.)

email@hollywoodposterframes.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Sue Heim selling her MP collection
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
How are people able to send a want list without knowing what she has in her F/S list & collection?

Or are you meaning to send her a wish list to see is she might have what people are looking for?

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
How are people able to send a want list without knowing what she has in her F/S list & collection?

Or are you meaning to send her a wish list to see is she might have what people are looking for?

Wish list. She posted this on MOPO and has gotten a number of them.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »
Who is this person?  Why is her collection interesting if we don't even know what's in it?  A little too vague for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »
Sounds like a Honey Pot trap up front to collect peoples poster secret desires. You also start with giving your information and end up with posterless poster frames under your arms.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »
Who is this person?  Why is her collection interesting if we don't even know what's in it?  A little too vague for me.

T

IF you ever framed anything you would know ;)
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »

You may have a point there, although I don't think I'd be buying this kind of frames.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »

T

Thanks Mel for your message.  It's way too much work for me.  I like to see and buy.  Not to wonder.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 06:32:24 PM »

Archie Leach once mocked me for "always wanting a pat on the back!"

Some things never change.

I asked Sue if any other private collectors had purchased 70+ frames from her, like I have. "I have collectors that have ordered frames from me for 30+ years.  I would say that I do have collectors that have ordered more than 70 frames over the years, however, alot of those frame orders do include multiple lobby card frames and window card frames as well as one sheet, half sheet and insert frames."

So there are other frame freaks out there....

Collector told me these were all cheap frames (not HMP):

Out of control but now collector is behind the pearly gates:

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:15 PM »
I guess I'm a lightweight as I only have a dozen or so of her frames.  And, yes, I bought my first two from her in 1998.  I have a couple of her posters as well.

Too bad to hear she is ramping down.  I was thinking of sending her a poster to be properly framed just this week.
-Jay-

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
I've always been happy with Sue's frames.  She has had great archival options, too.  She's semi-retired from the last time I spoke with her.  She's also very knowledgeable about poster collecting.  I would think sending her a list would just help put you at the front of the line when she comes across the poster you want.

guest4955

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 11:03:02 AM »
I've always been happy with Sue's frames.  She has had great archival options, too.  She's semi-retired from the last time I spoke with her.  She's also very knowledgeable about poster collecting.  I would think sending her a list would just help put you at the front of the line when she comes across the poster you want.

Yep. She sold me this terrific tri-folded HSH for a typical auction price considering its condition: