Author Topic: emovie Issues Tonight?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
emovie Issues Tonight?
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
crap anyone else having issues with emovie tonight?  Can only bid on items in my watch list (ie already linked/accessible) can't scroll through the auction via the emovie main page (or any emovie webpage outside the bidding platform)   :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:32:36 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: emovie Issues Tonight?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »
seems to work now.   thumbsup.gif

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:45 PM »
did they just add 24 hours?  My items appear to now close friday 7/13
mustve been a glitch

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:29 PM »
I had a problem. I was perusing the upcoming Tuesday auctions and suddenly the pages were gone. There was nothing but white. Weird.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »
There are NO auctions showing on the home page right now. WEIRD
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »
Super glitch.  Not good for business.  And they're prob closed by now.  I'm sure the complain emails are flowing.

T
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:11:14 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:56:51 PM »
Bruce asked me to post this...

To all registered bidders in eMoviePoster.com auctions:

For the first time in nearly 2,000 sets of auctions, our website crashed just as the first of our 999 auctions were closing. Our galleries and our entire site was "down" for 37 minutes, and only those who had direct links to actual closing auctions could place bids, and of course, many hundreds of people could not place bids at all.

As is clearly noted on every auction, we reserve the right to extend auctions by 24 hours if this happens as the auctions are closing, and so, for the first time since we went to our own auctions on our own site 10 years ago, we HAVE extended all auctions by 24 hours, so they all now end one day after they were originally supposed to (on Friday, August 13th).

We are working very hard to get our auction galleries updated to reflect the new closing times, but that may take a while, as it is very complicated. and while we HAVE fixed many of the problems with the website, a few still remain (but we should surely have those remaining issues fixed soon, or at the latest early on Friday).

BUT HERE IS WHERE THINGS STAND FOR NOW:

If you were planning on bidding on any of the 999 auctions we had closing today, Thursday the 12th, know that you now have roughly 24 additional hours in which to do so, and that they will all begin closing at 7 PM CST Friday, six seconds apart, exactly as they were originally going to on Thursday.

And any of you who were the high bidder on the first 400 or so items that appeared to close while our site was completely down, know that you did NOT win those items. However, ALL BIDS THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY PLACED ARE STILL "THERE" and if you were the high bidder when the outage occurred and no additional bids are placed during the extended time, you WILL win those items for your previous high bid, but you will have to wait until Friday to find out (and of course you CAN place additional bids on any of the 999 items, either now or at any time until the close in the usual way on Friday).

And you CAN be outbid on any of the items if someone now places a higher bid than you, so please review your bids as the auctions close (or sooner) to see if you were outbid (and of course you can then bid again).

And of course we VERY MUCH apologize to ALL our bidders for this inconvenience. I realize this is not a perfect solution, but it is the one that is most fair to all bidders. Thanks for your understanding during this most trying time.

Bruce
eMoviePoster.com
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »
that is great Bruce and appreciated T.  I'm actually surprised this has never happened before.   Emovie always delivers without a hitch and I'm sure the customer base will be understanding.

Question though was there not a lobby card auction slated for 7/12 ?   Future auctions only start with 7/15 to 7/22   Rolled one-sheets
Maybe its been bumped down the queue?   

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 03:10:08 PM »
that is great Bruce and appreciated T.  I'm actually surprised this has never happened before.   Emovie always delivers without a hitch and I'm sure the customer base will be understanding.

Question though was there not a lobby card auction slated for 7/12 ?   Future auctions only start with 7/15 to 7/22   Rolled one-sheets
Maybe its been bumped down the queue?

They'll probably start when the auctions end tonight, and end on Thursday 7/19.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:11:59 PM by Neo »