Author Topic: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original  (Read 32630 times)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2018, 11:23:29 AM »
...and if we agree, we, and the internet, is an all inclusive environment, so as not to alienate any newcomers, would a brief sentence to explain encourage our brethren unto our bosom?

As in I speak fluent musical.
-Jay-

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2018, 11:42:02 AM »
Inside jokes are fun in public!
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
...and if we agree, we, and the internet, is an all inclusive environment, so as not to alienate any newcomers, would a brief sentence to explain encourage our brethren unto our bosom?

you're better off on the outside of the inside... ;)

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
It has been nearly half an hour since this topic was bumped to the top with a gratuitous post that has nothing to do with the original topic, so obviously the bumpees are too busy to do so right now, so I thought I would help them out by bumping it for them.

If enough All Poster Forum members keep reading the words "Another Emovieposter Auction -  Reprint Poster Sold as Original", maybe some more of them will start believing it.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
my previous post was not gratuitous.

but this one is, and yes, the title of this thread, is TRUE

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 01:40:03 PM »
If enough All Poster Forum members keep reading the words "Another Emovieposter Auction -  Reprint Poster Sold as Original", maybe some more of them will start believing it.

Or maybe you will listen to experts the next time they tell you that an item you are offering is definitely a reprint.
I sent you the information in a private message before making it public, and only did this post as a warning to help collectors who might have been misinformed (have you updated or deleted the sale as you said you would do?)
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »
Maybe this can become the post with the most replies AND the most views?
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2018, 02:17:30 PM »
this is an ego measuring device after it's design was finished.

some people only need the portion to the left of the maker's thumb

-------

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
Which thumb?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2018, 09:04:08 AM »
this is an ego measuring device after it's design was finished.

some people only need the portion to the left of the maker's thumb

And it's 'its', not 'it's'.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
And it's 'its', not 'it's'.

oh shit('s)(s)(')

;)

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Bump

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2018, 11:31:45 PM »
It must take a really long time to correct items in their archive.
The original still hasn't been updated or deleted.
www.Kaijuposters.com

guest4531

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2018, 07:03:54 AM »
It has been nearly half an hour since this topic was bumped to the top with a gratuitous post that has nothing to do with the original topic, so obviously the bumpees are too busy to do so right now, so I thought I would help them out by bumping it for them.

I feel you Bruce...  just like people will believe that talking Belgian is a plus if you want to be an expert and also national language of Belgium.

I knew it was a gag, actually I have heard that unoriginal gag about a thousand times!   But gag or not gag, most of the time, the originator of this joke is always told by someone (usually a Belgian guy) that Belgium has three national languages (French, Dutch and German).  The person speaking out got in the gag, he does this simply because, believe it or not, there are always one or two dumb people in the room who have no idea what language is spoken in Belgium, let alone Belgium... and that's actually when the funny part starts, when everybody gives an hollow laugh about the idea of having a dumb in the room (the dumb ones including).   I was definitely not in the gag.  My Belgian being between life and death at ICU didn't help neither.  Do better next time, just like Bruce, time to update your database of gags, ahahaha !

Hollow laugh, just like this thread... hollow and somehow very awkward. Guys, you really hate each other !
I can see, this thread has turned into a battle between testeroned freak teenagers huge and pretty tense ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWn6Wewuug&feature=youtu.be&t=3m59s
Surely, movie posters collectors should be added to the list  of people worried about their size - "Hiya friends. Now just be honest about it. Did you ever consider the possiblity that your penis, and in the case of many dignified ladies, that the size of the titties themselves might provide elements of sub-conscious tension? Weird, twisted anxieties that could force a human being to have to become a politician! A policeman! A jesuit monk! A rock and roll guitar player! A wino! You name it. Or in the case of the ladies, the ones that can't afford a silicone BEEF-UP, may become writers of hot books"

As for Simes reply, I don't understand it !

"you aren't in on the gag....  ;)"
"...and if we agree, we, and the internet, is an all inclusive environment, so as not to alienate any newcomers, would a brief sentence to explain encourage our brethren unto our bosom?"

Is this bible jargon or Afro-American vernacular English from minstrel ?  I guess the second...  but I fail to understand the gag here.   
As for vernacular, I discovered it while listening to Thing Fish - "Done found some low-rent housin' in a one-dimensional cardbode nativity box on some Italian's funt lawn...bunch o' crab-grass underneath de offspring fo quick 'n easy sanitatium...shit! Y'all provvly be savin' up fo yo first LAVA LAMP putty soon!" (The White Boy Trouble) - or watching Airplane.

Anyway, I have just paid for my last package from EMP.  I am done with posters!  I came here daily and tried to engage, but for sure, this place looks a bit like entering a small town council, that place where people all know each other by name, keeps making inside jokes and have fun bashing, they know history behind every major posters... and show little appreciation to new comers.  A small world indeed, let me ask, who hasn't fuck who here? Or a VIP retirement home...   Are in still in the gag here ??

I shall reiterate what I said and what many said, EMP has offered great services over the last xx years I bought posters from them and they are very very accommodating and flexible; and their staff are good, proactive and nice.  I have dealt with other posters sellers (not many, about three) and not a single one managed to beat EMP.

I wish a) EMP could prospect for some warehouses locally so that international buyers willing to hold their posters for a much longer period can do it at local warehouses against small fee;  b) and allow me to keep account while blocking bidding for a year or so under Addiction Protection Act (if there is such thing).

I shall lurk from now on!  Cheers!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 08:31:45 AM »

Anyway, I have just paid for my last package from EMP.  I am done with posters!  I came here daily and tried to engage, but for sure, this place looks a bit like entering a small town council, that place where people all know each other by name, keeps making inside jokes and have fun bashing, they know history behind every major posters... and show little appreciation to new comers.  A small world indeed, let me ask, who hasn't fuck who here? Or a VIP retirement home...   Are in still in the gag here ??

I shall reiterate what I said and what many said, EMP has offered great services over the last xx years I bought posters from them and they are very very accommodating and flexible; and their staff are good, proactive and nice.  I have dealt with other posters sellers (not many, about three) and not a single one managed to beat EMP.

I shall lurk from now on!  Cheers!

Or you could just quit this forum, and just go on collecting. Either way, thanks for all the kind words.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »

As for Simes reply, I don't understand it !
Is this bible jargon or Afro-American vernacular English from minstrel ?  I guess the second...  but I fail to understand the gag here.   

I guess we may be none the wiser about each others' words in perpetuity...  That said, and in the interests of second chance, I was only asking of those aware of the gag, to make others who are not aware, aware.  Thereby making everyone feel comfortable as opposed to excluded.

Amen.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »
Or you could just quit this forum, and just go on collecting. Either way, thanks for all the kind words.

Just to mention that there are other forums which manage this sort of meltdown much better.  Try one of them.

But APF still has the most traffic.
-Jay-

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »
So to summarize so far:

1) Emovieposter listed a commercial reprint as a theatrical poster
2) Emovieposter was made aware of the mistake in their listing, but says there is conflicting information
3) Average Joe posts a warning so that other collectors won't mistakenly buy a reprint as an original
4) an Expert speaks up and agrees that yes the poster is a commercial reprint
5) buyer loves poster and just wanted the image
6) Emovieposter purposely keeps information that a reprint is an original poster in their archive
7) Hilarity and inside jokes ensue.

www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
So to summarize so far:

1) Emovieposter listed a commercial reprint as a theatrical poster
2) Emovieposter was made aware of the mistake in their listing, but says there is conflicting information
3) Average Joe posts a warning so that other collectors won't mistakenly buy a reprint as an original
4) an Expert speaks up and agrees that yes the poster is a commercial reprint
5) buyer loves poster and just wanted the image
6) Emovieposter purposely keeps information that a reprint is an original poster in their archive
7) Hilarity and inside jokes ensue.
8) Crowzilla continues to post and fume about the lack of respect for his expert status.
-Jay-

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »
8) Crowzilla continues to post and fume about the lack of respect for his expert status.

again, don't care about that - I care about the fact that emovie's archives represent a commercial poster as being an original theatrical poster.
why do I care about this? because many people look at these archives as being an authoritative source, and thanks to Bruce's gathering of information and years of experience they usually are, so I hate the idea of someone in the future buying a reprint and thinking it's an original.

A very large part of this and other forums is to exchange information and help collectors out, keep them from making mistakes and buying reprints as originals.  Why is it ok to point out stamped Pulp Fictions as being reprints, but not ok to point out an item in Emovie's archive is also a reprint?
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
A very large part of this and other forums is to exchange information and help collectors out, keep them from making mistakes and buying reprints as originals.  Why is it ok to point out stamped Pulp Fictions as being reprints, but not ok to point out an item in Emovie's archive is also a reprint?

this is exactly correct.
Should the group stop talking about Posterfix and their crappy work?
Maybe we should stop posting about Tom Loce
If we stop posting about 'Minty Whites' do you people think it would be a benefit to the hobby?
which Ebay sellers are we allowed to post about outrageous pricing, shit grading, poor photos, stock photos, lack of descriptions, selling fake Star Wars posters or hairy belts and which ones not?

how about the long thread about an Australian Robin Hood three sheet Heritage sold that Bruce started the thread over on VMPF that goes on for pages and pages? Was that wrong for people to post about and discuss?

there is some hypocrisy about the philosophy that there are people who should not be spoken about when/if mistakes are made.
Nobody said Bruce makes mistakes on purpose, but how long should a poster that the experts agree is a commercial poster be left in his archive after the discussion has begun and how many times should someone be told before they finally, under a grumble, remove or correct the item in a database used as a baseline by many people?

nobody was being nasty, nobody was accused of shill bidding, crappy packages, poor customer service, 19% buyers premium or selling Pulp Fictions without the Little Man.

some people need to man up about measured critique, which is all this thread is. I'm not Superman, Grey Smith isn't Superman, Sean isn't Superman and nobody at EMP is Superman either. People make mistakes and the measure of a man is how you react to critique, not how they sweep it under a rug.

-------

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »
I just find the whole thing confusing, and the only thing I am sure of is that there is something about this incident that remains hidden.

When I see something wrong about a listing, I generally report it.  Different auction houses tend to have varying reactions, but emovie.com has always responded quickly and, where necessary, either repaired or withdrawn the listing.  My experience is so different that I tend to believe that something about attitude, etc caused this reaction.  emovieposter did note that the authenticity was controversial and offered to let the buyer off the hook.
-Jay-

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »
I just find the whole thing confusing, and the only thing I am sure of is that there is something about this incident that remains hidden.

When I see something wrong about a listing, I generally report it.  Different auction houses tend to have varying reactions, but emovie.com has always responded quickly and, where necessary, either repaired or withdrawn the listing.  My experience is so different that I tend to believe that something about attitude, etc caused this reaction.  emovieposter did note that the authenticity was controversial and offered to let the buyer off the hook.

Jayn, I've noted several times that I am puzzled by Emovie's reaction and previously have had nothing but good things to say in how quickly they respond to questions and corrections. (and most of the time just with my word about what it is, not having to go through the "proof" that was requested and given this time.)

But there is nothing "controversial" about the authenticity of this item. It is a commercial reprint, plain and simple.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 06:41:44 PM »

Jay, I DJD respond quickly, and I did remove those results from my Auction History Database at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archive.html. Those were removed quite a while ago.

So once again it seems I am being accused of something I did not do. Of course I may be mistaken, so please show me where they are in the Auction History Database.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »
Jay, I DJD respond quickly, and I did remove those results from my Auction History Database at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archive.html. Those were removed quite a while ago.

So once again it seems I am being accused of something I did not do. Of course I may be mistaken, so please show me where they are in the Auction History Database.

Even though you addressed this to Jay, I will point out that the poster in question we are talking about is this one:
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823161, as seen on page one of this thread.
It seems to still be in your database (and it should be as it was an actual sale) with the incorrect labeling.
Of course I may be mistaken also.
www.Kaijuposters.com