Author Topic: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original  (Read 268 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:31:40 PM »
I emailed emovieposter about this several days ago before the auction ended and they did not update the auction and now of course it's in their archives, so I wanted to post this warning in case the buyer is a member here (or known to a member).

This Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah poster is a reprint.
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823161

This Ohrai advance art was never produced originally in B2 size (it was only available as a B1) and the rolled B2s that are out there are from a reprint Box Set made by Family Mart in 2005.

It would not surprise me if some of the other 90s/2000s Godzilla B2s from this recent auction were also from the Family Mart set, but that would be impossible to tell from a photo.

I also informed him that this Ohrai poster he is selling as a teaser is actually a bonus for the CD Soundtrack (it is even labeled as such in Japanese at the bottom with the Toshiba/EMI catalog numbers) made by the Toho Fan Club, but that also fell on deaf ears.
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823162

It's not my place to keep doing his employee's job for them, but it is upsetting that when I do they don't respond and don't correct the misinformation.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:39:45 PM by crowzilla »
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
If anyone is curious, emovie has sold the actual advance style B2 before for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/7443831.html
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
Without wishing to denigrate another's input, I do find it surprising when messages such as this suggest input is ignored by emp.

For my insignificant part, any suggestions I have to make about things Bond are immediately reacted upon and dealt with.  I find their reaction to be immediate and responsible.

This, just as an alternative way of thinking.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:16:25 PM by Simes »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »
2comments.  First, you are aware that Bruce has stopped visiting this forum?  Second, Bruce is not at his desk this week and can't personally react.
Jay

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
If at me;

1. Yes
2. No

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 12:09:59 AM »
I agree Simes, found it odd that they would ignore my input/warning on the posters they were selling (and they closed for less  than $100 each, why risk reputation for a few dollars when you sell millions a year?).

And Jayn_j, are you seriously trying to suggest that Bruce doesn't visit the forum still?
First I laugh at that notion, as I frequently see him listed as one of the online visitors, and since when I posted before about an incorrectly labeled autographed item they were selling they changed it very shortly thereafter based on my post here with an update suggesting me as "the world's leading Godzilla expert" I am certain he still watches posts here whether he responds or not.

Would also think he has given Phil (or others) the authority to change/pull auctions when he is "out of the office" and it is shown they have been misidentified.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:37:47 AM »
I really don't want to get into the middle of this.
Agree that Bruce reads here, just doesn't post anymore.
Jay

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 09:19:24 AM »
I really don't want to get into the middle of this.
Agree that Bruce reads here, just doesn't post anymore.

So then why did you post and why did you post something you knew to be untrue (that Bruce has stopped visiting this forum)?
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »
So then why did you post and why did you post something you knew to be untrue (that Bruce has stopped visiting this forum)?

I admitted my error.  Tell you what, I will go home tonight and self flagellate with cooked spaghetti and say 10000 "Hail Paramonts" to appease the gods of outrage.  I will then spend an hour asking myself why I bother to post at all to the many assh0les that hang around here.
Jay

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
I admitted my error.  Tell you what, I will go home tonight and self flagellate with cooked spaghetti and say 10000 "Hail Paramonts" to appease the gods of outrage.  I will then spend an hour asking myself why I bother to post at all to the many assh0les that hang around here.

thumbsup.gif
www.Kaijuposters.com