Author Topic: November 2017  (Read 10430 times)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
November 2017
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:36:52 AM »
I recently got another WWII poster with artwork by Arias Bernal produced for the Office of Inter-American Affairs to keep Latin American sympathies firmly with the Allies.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
Re: November 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:07 AM »
This one is really a calendar, but it's close enough to a poster to share here.

The caption reads "America Libre". It shows the countries of the Americas personified as a woman, who has broken her shackles. I presume this was produced immediately after WWII. Though there is no date, as this particular specimen never had the dated monthly calendar pages attached.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:57:11 AM »
Here is another recent acquisition, a Mexican propaganda poster promoting the CTM (Confederación de Trabajadores de México), a confederation of trade unions that was once a potent political force.

According to my online research, the poster is from 1947:

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
This one is really a calendar, but it's close enough to a poster to share here.

The caption reads "America Libre". It shows the countries of the Americas personified as a woman, who has broken her shackles. I presume this was produced immediately after WWII. Though there is no date, as this particular specimen never had the dated monthly calendar pages attached.

Beautiful image here, Deke.

I wonder if this piece was also ever produced in a larger poster size, too.

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »
nice pieces Deke

since you like pin-up stuff, here is my Rolf Armstrong circa 1940.
I used to have quite a bit of original pin-up art, including Elvgren, Mozert, Macpherson, Dribben and others

this is by Robert Kalifutti (name may not be spelled correctly, piece is locked away also)

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 01:18:32 AM »
nice pieces Deke

since you like pin-up stuff, here is my Rolf Armstrong circa 1940.
I used to have quite a bit of original pin-up art, including Elvgren, Mozert, Macpherson, Dribben and others

this is by Robert Kalifutti (name may not be spelled correctly, piece is locked away also)

That Rolf Armstrong piece is great, Rich!

I have recently started branching out from posters and dipping my toe a bit into original magazine cover and political cartoon art (still stuff from Mexico). I should share more of it on APF. I haven't bought any original pin-up art though. Those prices tend to be above my typical price range in any case :)

What did you do with your other art?  Was it inventory you had as a dealer, or a personal collection?

guest4531

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 06:20:17 AM »
That Rolf Armstrong piece is great, Rich!

I have recently started branching out from posters and dipping my toe a bit into original magazine cover and political cartoon art (still stuff from Mexico). I should share more of it on APF. I haven't bought any original pin-up art though. Those prices tend to be above my typical price range in any case :)

What did you do with your other art?  Was it inventory you had as a dealer, or a personal collection?

You should know Dr Lakra then, a famous Mexican artists drawing over magazine covers and images.  His studio in Oaxacca is full of vintage magazine, pinups, and posters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP4RByeO0i4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oVZG6jTiLs